Lexus IS-F 11' - Somky Granite Mica

Discussion in 'Show and Shine' started by Phil.P, Apr 24, 2011.

1. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

what did it cost you? pads and rotors? did you stick OEM or you go aftermarket? I saw that tires for life thing, It was not worth it too me to be married to the dealer over a set of tires, when I can pick up a set of RE-960s or RE-11s for a fraction of what they want me to spend there. Nothing wrong with the program they offer, just isnt for me. My buddy signed up for that with his SRT-8 charger, come to find out they tried to slap on a set of hankooks and not the Eagle F1s...... they can be shady about it I hear.

2. jlt23

jlt23 Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Pads and Rotors were OEM and cost including labor was just under $1300. That also included the mounting and balancing of the tires.

3. Kilo6_one

that is not bad...... (if it was per axle) really for OEM. My STI was a touch more but i used a PFC pad, I swapped my rotors and pads out at 18k for two peice etc etc. . anyway that is good to know. thanks.

4. jlt23

jlt23 Any Rag Vehicle Washer

It was just for the fronts. I guess I was supprised because my previous car was a mustang. Thanks

5. Kilo6_one

gotta love brembo style brakes..........

6. Rennes

Rennes Jedi Nuba

very nice :) Love that color and the gloss seems to be awesome too.

Good job les boys!

7. detaildoc

detaildoc DB Forum Supporter

Great job. That's a good looking car.

8. Phil.P

Phil.P Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Thanks guys / Merci! :D

I did put some elbow grease into it! It's fun to get thumbs up once in a while on the road. Maybe future clients, you never know!

*NOTE*

This is not my car, it's my dad's. It's a company car, so anything related to it gets charged to his expenses. Gas, tires, tint, oil, brakes etc. I'm trying to get him to buy me some products and put it on his expenses :D I'd really love some new stuff!

I'll get a thread going on my rust bucket soon enough (my own car this time). I'm waiting on my coilovers to get back from California. After that, the car will get a proper detail after 6 months of nothing.

Next up:
    [​IMG]

9. Kilo6_one

Nice 240........ looks aggressive.

10. Zookie

Zookie Jedi Nuba

where in MTL are you located? how far are you from 420 Shebrooke? Holiday Inn Mid-Town... need my car washed for F1 Weekend... PM me

11. Phil.P

Phil.P Any Rag Vehicle Washer

It's a 180sx ;) The japanese version (RHD)

12. astro_ng

astro_ng Jedi Nuba

Looks good, the type X kit gives it such an aggressive look.