Let's talk about M105!

Discussion in 'Compounds, Polishes, Paint Cleaners, and Glazes' started by SuperBee364, Aug 22, 2008.

1. bigpoppa

bigpoppa Jedi Nuba

Here is a tip for those with M105, I picked it up from DSMS:

When you have a car in overall decent shape with some isolated paint transfers/RIDS, use M105 with an MF towel to remove these defects. It is faster than going around to each one with a buffer, and it works really well. :)

2. HPIA4v2

HPIA4v2 Birth of a Detailer

:doh:

Thanks for that tip. I don't know why I forgot about that, since I've beem using MF + M105 to get rid the deep scratches ind door-handle wells (indentation well behind door handles) with great success.

3. SuperBee364

SuperBee364 Birth of a Detailer

The slower speed is probably why I'm not getting great results with it on rock hard clears. It seems the learning process never ends with this stuff!

4. SuperBee364

SuperBee364 Birth of a Detailer

OK, did some more experimenting with 105 today. I used it straight on a section of hood, mixed with OC on another section, and another section with straight M95. I then compared the finishes of each section.

The section that was done with straight 105 showed the most correction and the best finish. Surprisingly, the part that was done with the 105/OC mix came in second. I was expecting the 95 to finish/correct better than the 105 mix, but the mix showed better correction and a better finish. The 95 didn't correct quite as much, and left some mild holograms.

The straight 105 section took less than half the time and definitely showed the best result. *But* the mixed stuff did do much better than I thought it would.

I would still recommend that peeps keep working at it til you can use it without mixing, but it is still capable of some darn fine work when cut with OC.

I was mixing it about 80/20, btw.

5. mixxer

mixxer Birth of a Detailer

I messed around alot tonight with the 105 with different conbo's , flex with wool,yellow,orange edge pads. I didnt get any better cut with wool than i did with the yellow. I also go the same amount of working time with all three about 30- 45 before it dryed and flashed. i picked it up from paint and got good correction on a really bad 96 black cobra im doing[ill post in show and shine when im done] It finished off very well , i was 3 steping from 105 to med polish to menz 106 but i almost feel if i wanted to i could have skipped the middle step. Boy it sure is a time saver!

6. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

whats oc? 80% 105 and 20% oc?

7. sal329

sal329 Nuba Guru

Any one having any luck with 105 used with a PC and 3.5" PFW?