Lets go Egging ??

Discussion in 'Detailing Bliss Lounge' started by lonewolf525, Mar 8, 2010.

1. lonewolf525

lonewolf525 Jedi Nuba

Hey guys last night i washed and waxed my car. Well this morning i found out that my car got egged. Man i am really ticked off. i got to work late as i tried to remove all the egg of my car and i applied another coat of wax.

2. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

ouch that sux. did you see any paint damage?

3. Misha

Misha Nuba Guru

at least you waxes it so it shouldnt have done too much damage. my first car got egged and it was pita to remove

4. Chas

Chas DB Forum Supporter

Were there any dents inflicted?

5. lonewolf525

lonewolf525 Jedi Nuba

My car was parked under the car port and it got hit on the Left rear corner. After inspection i did not see any paint damage, dents, or cracks but that smell was bad. Like misha said the wax probably helped in protecting the paint. Not only that i did put a coat of paint sealer first then a coat of wax so i think i am ok. i used a few microfiber towels and a plastic cutting knife to get in between the tail lamp and panels. My wife was really upset because last time the stole the logos off the trunk off the car twice.

My work truck got hammered too and all i could do for that one is wash off all the egg off the tail gate and bumper. i ford truck has a metal type cap on the tail gate and some egg got in behind it and i can not remove it. i am going to pressure wash that area.

6. billyblooshoes

billyblooshoes DB Forum Supporter

You should really take a close look at the paint on the areas that were hit. Once the eggshell breaks its like a razorblade and usually cuts deep into the paint, sometimes even chipping it.

7. togwt

togwt Nuba Guru

I hope this doesn't apply to you-

Egg Stains / Damage to Paint surface:

As well as the impact damage, egg contains Albumin refers generally to any protein with water solubility) and amino acids that will actually erode the clear coat and eventually the basecoat if not neutralized / removed. If the affected paintwork is not neutralized any remaining acid residue will be reactivated each time it comes into contact with water (See also Reactivity)
    Saturate the area with Isopropyl Alcohol and keep it ‘wet’ for 4-5 minutes with a soaked towel laid on the stain, do not agitate the surface. Flush with clean water and dry thoroughly. Inspect surface for cracking, discolouration or other damage with a 30X lighted magnifying loupe, use a chemical cleaner to remove any discolouration, and then a suitably abrasive polish to level the paint surface to below the level of the etching (an shallow indentation in the paint surface caused by an acid)Then apply a paint protection product. If the clear coat shows signs of failure (cracking) take vehicle to a professional paint / body shop.

After the paint surface has been subjected to a chemical cleaning its protective layer (wax / sealants) have been removed and the paint surface left without protection, so it is very important that a wax or polymer protection be reapplied immediately. To correct any surface marring / light scratching use a mild polish (Zaino PC Fusion Dual Action Paint Cleaner Swirl Remover, All-In-One (Z-AIO) or Menzerna Final Polish II) using a White or an Orange LC pad, PC speed 5 – 6

Paint cracks- acid rain, highly alkaline deposits, industrial fall or bird excrement will cause the clear coat to become opaque (cloudy) and / or etch (a small circular concave depression) another type of localized damage created by acidic substances are the results of water and high temperatures that will cause the polyurethane clear coat to expand, allowing the acid to breach the clear coat compromising the paints resin system, which is the binder that holds the clear together. The resultant cracks created will penetrate the clear coat, possibly down to the basecoat (colour).

Cannot be corrected by polishing or compounding, it requires refinishing by a body shop.

8. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

That's the worst of the worst, PUNK KIDS! I keep my cars IN the garage for that exact reason.

9. Ch40t1c

Ch40t1c Obsessive Detailer

Ouch! Sorry to hear that happened. Hopefully there is no serious damage.

10. lonewolf525

lonewolf525 Jedi Nuba

You know when i was in junior high and high school i had friends that would do that and i would never go because i did not want to get in trouble. Even then i did not know how much damage an Egg can do to paint. If i knew then what an egg can do to paint know, i would have stopped my friends.

i will keep checking my paint to see if any problems occur. thanks for your feedback guys, thats why this place a priceless forum of information. thanks again.

11. P1et

I never knew either before I went detailing, and when I saw it first hand on my friend's truck in high school. I know that the local grocery store don't sell large quantities of eggs to kids though, which always helps!

12. billyblooshoes

Coincidentally we just got an S4 in at work which was egged twice on the drivers side. Got a couple pictures of the damage left on my phone ill post up when I get home to illustrate how bad it can be. Needless to say he'll need it to be repainted in those areas.

13. lonewolf525

lonewolf525 Jedi Nuba

You know these guys were probably not going very fast because the alley is only wide enough for one car. i am trying to imagine if i wanted to toss something out of the window with lots of speed i could not do it. i think these guys were side arm throwing the eggs out the window or looping them over the car. i did not take any pictures because i wanted to take the crap off the car so i hope it does not come back and bite in the behind in the future.

i do know what an egg can do if you do not remove it right away though. My aunt got her explorer egged and she did not notice anything. Then after some time she noticed that the paint was starting to etch. She tried to wash and there was nothing she could do to make it look normal. Today if you see her truck you see where the egg ate the paint all the way to the metal. i told she needed to repaint the hood.

14. Handz

Handz Obsessive Detailer

I have never gotten egg'd (thank God) but some assholes as school like 3 years ago tried to put dog food on my car....

I know they were watching from far away when i came to my car and saw the dog food all over the fender..... I just took a water bottle and rinsed it off. I bet they got pissed when it slid right off because the car was waxed lol

15. billyblooshoes

the results of egging on a brilliant black S4

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

those marks are slices in the paint from the eggshell.

16. P1et

Makes me sick!

17. lonewolf525

lonewolf525 Jedi Nuba

Wow thats bad.

Was your customer drive on the road when she got egged? It kinda looks like it got shot.

18. infiniti24

infiniti24 Birth of a Detailer

My car was baby oiled that was a pita to get out of the seals of the window where in got inside the door panel then she poured elmers glue on windshield and syran wraped the car. I know who did it (you should not have broken up with me in sharpie across the car hood)and she will never touch another persons car that knows how to dissmember cars again thats for shure. She paid in full with the labor to put back all the pieces of the car I took off all night long and sat on her door step tires control arms and bottoms connection of the struts plastic fender covers rotors calipers and pads muffler exaust to the cats wiper blade arms etc

grr what people do just amazes me though now older i see the hind sight of the fact i should have called the cops vs getting more then even

19. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

sons of fb, they should go to hell!!!

20. Rennes

Rennes Jedi Nuba

this is exactly why I want to have a small close circuit camera system around my house.

Some little punks are breaking in one of our cars to take pocket money or any other things laying around in the car.