Leather Brush

Discussion in 'Interior Car Care' started by Joshs2013MSAltimaSL, Jun 8, 2009.

1. What is a good OTC leather brush? I'm not sure how stiff the bristles are on the SW brush, and if there's something that's a good substitute that is OTC, that would be fantastic. Thanks guys.

2. Dsoto87

Dsoto87 Jedi Nuba

I have a kiwi leather shoe brush that works well. Its made from horse hair.

Can't tell the difference between size from ones that are made specifically for automotive detailing.

Its like $5 at walmart also.

3. That's exactly what I was thinking but wasn't sure how the bristles compared to the SW brush. Does your brush work well? The bristles are stiff enough?

4. Dsoto87

Dsoto87 Jedi Nuba

Edit: I meant can't tell the difference besides size. The hair softness is all the same. The kiwi one actually looks better.

5. Ok. I have a shoe brush here. Went out and tried it on some tan leather seats using Lexol cleaner. I think it made a difference. It's just tough to clean leather seats these days because they're coated.

6. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

spend a few extra bucks and get Swissvax leather brush. you'll be glad you did...

7. Dsoto87

Dsoto87 Jedi Nuba

Why is that? Have you used anything you can compare it to? What makes the extra cost of the SV one justifiable?

8. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

I've used Pinnacle leather brush, which is more of rebranded OTC brush, and it's really hard. It scares me. Bristles on SV leather brush are much softer, but still stiff enough to do the job well.