Least favorite part about detailing?

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by pektel, Jul 27, 2009.

1. flash gordon

flash gordon Banned

Yea After The 8 Hour Point I Start Getting Bored With The Whole Thing....:thud:

:yikes: As Far As The Hippie Lettuce Goes..... :joint:

2. anbuzero

anbuzero DB Pro Supporter

i as many here hate the interior front and rear glass. Im 6' and having to contort my body to get in and get it spotless is annoying. also cheap customers as Reflect said

3. vxrmarc

vxrmarc Two Bucket System Washer

What there is a least favourite part? :giggle:

4. Reflect

Reflect DB Forum Supporter

This was really awkward. That is all.

5. anbuzero

Not as awkward as when someone walks in on you smelling and tasting Dodo Juice Wax before you apply it. While being naked of course. its hard when u have an addiction :( :drinking2:

6. Spyral

Spyral DB Forum Supporter

I didn't think anyone saw me.

7. badmatt

badmatt Birth of a Detailer

Theres video's on youtube.... :crash:

8. pektel

pektel DB Forum Supporter

:lol2: "it's "hard" when u have an addiction." While in the previous sentence you state that you are naked in the garage huffing dod juice. Oh this is hilarious.

sorry, couldn't help myself. :D

9. anbuzero

lol didnt even notice thanks for pointing it out. but of course this happened to Spyral :thumb:

well lets get back on topic guys, i just remembered sumthing i highly dislike about detailing. When your friends and family ignore your advice and get their car "detailed" by some car wash. wuts a few hundred to get your car looking like new?

10. EisenHulk

EisenHulk Birth of a Detailer

Taping before polishing. Hands down my least favorite!

11. TheNextAZN

TheNextAZN Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Lexus windows - always streaky and spotty and hazy .. never cleans right.
    BMW wheels - tooo much damn brake dust everywhere
    Bentley grills - .. :duh:

hahah just noticed this was a year old thread! lol. .

12. TheRustySuper

TheRustySuper Obsessive Detailer

Well, if we're bringing up a year old thread, I'll have a go at it.

I don't detail nice cars. I do minivans and family runabouts that have been abused...so nothing I ever do can come out "perfect" 'cos it's too trashed to begin with. But I hate cleaning soda off of plastic...which I do on every car I clean. I also hate removing gum from various locations inside minivans. It is so nasty. Even worse was this weird pasty sticky red stuff that was in this Honda Odyssey I cleaned a couple weeks ago. I have no clue what it was, and I don't want to know.

13. domino

domino Welcome to Detailing

good thread!!

for me its definitely paint correction

im fine for the first 2-3 panels then it dawns on me how much more ive got to go - i only do it twice a year and spread it over a couple days

its much more fun playing with paint cleaners/glazes and LSPs

14. togwt

togwt Nuba Guru

From the e-mails I get I'd say glass surfaces, carpets and interior's generally

15. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

I hate interiors. Frankly, if anyone comes and asks if I'm interested in detailing their cars/vans/trucks and I see their interiors are dirty, I tell them I can do the outside but I will NOT touch in the inside.

Detailing is supposed to be fun, and I'm not going to swim around in someone else's filth. No thanks.

16. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

Deep Gloss Auto Salon DB Pro Supporter

I am not a fan of washing the vehicle.... Thank goodness for my foam cannon which is my single source of enjoyment of the washing process

17. TheRustySuper

TheRustySuper Obsessive Detailer

You would hate my job. That's where I spend most of my time...swimming in other people's (children's) filth. But the way I see it, better than flipping burgers at McDonalds for a summer job...