LC pads

Discussion in 'Detailers Domain' started by Carn, Aug 11, 2008.

1. Carn

Carn Welcome to Detailing

Hi Phil,

Just a quick question prior to completing our order for the pads and MF's.

What are the most common LC pads you wind up using ? I was initially going to get 2 of each size kits but I think there are probably some pads in there I will never use :shead:

I will looking at both the 5.5" and 6.5" for use with rotary and Flex 3401 btw :thumb:

2. matrix_808

matrix_808 DB Supporter

id say green, white, blue

possibly orange and blue, never really used the yellow or red ones.

3. richy

richy Guest

Don't buy yellow...they're a waste. You're better off with a foamed wool for aggressive corrections. I would strongly suggest blue, gray, white (in whatever size you want) and a 5" orange (for lights, medium corrections).

4. Carn

Thanks for that Richy and Matrix.

@ Richy, why do you suggest the black and blue pads, as far as I know they both have no cut and are for applying waxes, etc ?

5. JLs Detailing

JLs Detailing DB Pro Supporter

Orange, Green, White and Black. The greens are must have for AIOs or one steppers. Like richy said stay away from yellow and just get a couple of foamed wool. Really the black, blue or red will do the exact same thing I just prefer the black for no real reason.

6. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

I have orange, white, black and blue.

7. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

I use orange, green and black. I have yellow but have used them maybe once or twice. Orange with Menz PG has been able to correct the worst stuff I've encountered. I am interested in the foamed wool, though. The green is way nicer to use than the white IMHO and was developed for use with Menz polishes. Using it with SIP can leave paint more than good enough for your LSP. Black with Menz PO85RD is magic. I dont apply LSPs with a machine so have no use for red, blue or the new gold. Keep it simple!!!

8. richy

richy Guest

I love using the black with 106 or 85rd and the blue I use with DG 501.

9. Showroom Shine

Showroom Shine Birth of a Detailer

If any you guys are using the Flex 3401, Please tell me what and where you get the pads. I've been having trouble finding the 6 or 6.5 with the velcro backs! Or have all of you bought the Edge adapter for the Flex? Help!

10. richy

richy Guest

I've purchased most of mine from AG but a few I have picked up from members.

11. Charlies02GLS

Charlies02GLS Jedi Nuba

Phil carries them in the 6.5" size.

12. Carn

Thanks for all the advice guys :worship2:

I think I will wind up going with black, white, green, orange and the foamed wool for now :mounty:

What is the general concensus regarding pad size for the Flex 3401 ?

I think I am going to bite the bullet and get myself one :headbang:

13. Brian N

Brian N Jedi Nuba

You can fit a 5.5 on the flex backing plate? I thought the lowest you could go was 6 inches. :shead:

14. Carn

5.5' Does work from what I have been told, will be quite close I think however as the backing plate itself is 138mm in diameter (5.43")

I am just worried about the edges of the backing plate being so close to the edge of the pad. It could possibly cause problems if it comes into contact with the bodywork at some point !

15. Brian N

Brian N Jedi Nuba

Thanks for the info Carn. :thumb:

16. Bunky

Bunky Guest

Phil should offer a mix-and-mtach your own 6 pack like another seller does. This way you can get an assortment yet at the 6 pack price.

17. Carn

I am sure Phil will chime in as soon as he sees this post.....Phil, oh Phil where are you ? hehe ;)