Lava wax

Discussion in 'Last Steps: Waxes, Sealants, and Coatings' started by chemgys99, Jan 27, 2012.

1. muffin422

muffin422 Any Rag Vehicle Washer

heh heh i remember back in around '10 certain people were using cg's ez creme glaze as a polish remover. apparently it could remove left over polish oils that not even 4+ applications of ipa could! right..

2. piginapoke

piginapoke Obsessive Detailer

LAVA-Glowinfusioncarcarepremiumprotectnatandglossenhancer634s.jpg trying not to be interested in this, but I can't quit looking at this picture wishing I had some of that. lol

3. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

Butter face, they have better lookinng girls in other areas their site LOL

4. Auto Concierge

Auto Concierge DB Pro Supporter

Whiskey/tango/foxtrot..................................... btw I AM a "Angry Whiteguy" lol..........................well to some people at least I am, I am Asian thru proxy as My wife is 1/2 Chinese. :giggle:

5. Auto Concierge

I was one of and still am "One of those people"....................... and you need 4 ipa wipedowns to remove Menz 203/106/85 RD?..................right................heh, heh. This is the one thing I get the most upset with on the forums, is "Expert opinions" backed up by ..........nothing.

As most everyone knows I tell it like it is.....ALWAYS, and in my experience CG EX Creme does what I said it did and "Suprise" it still does..................... I am still baffled as too why continued wipedowns of IPA are needed unless you are putting a coating on like Aquartz/Opti guard etc and the paint needs to be free of all oils or silicons...as the reason most did this was when you finished down with a Rotary from the compound cutting stages all the way to the finish stage, the IPA was a way along with the right lighting to check if there were any holograms slight ot otherwise were still present.

Now as you can finish from medium polishing stages to the finishing stages with a DA Polisher the need to do this is almost diminished, as with a DA polsher you can get hazing from the mechanical action of the pad/polish used or some micromarring and with dirty pads "Pigtails" or "Jhooks" marks. This reply will seem harsh, but needed as when you try and be "Smart" when you are really being "Smarta**".......................well the punishment fits the crime.

6. piginapoke

piginapoke Obsessive Detailer

I was only interested in the product, she has a face? well ok maybe I just liked the part of her I could see...
    LAVA-Glowinfusioncarcarepremiumprotectnatandglossenhancer63623.jpg

7. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

I actually should stop reading the news, it makes me even more angry.

8. Handz

Handz Obsessive Detailer

Well Said Bob

9. junebug

junebug Jedi Nuba

You know, I agree with the "CG has a confusing line up" but, they are not the only company that has redundant products - look at Megs line, you got the old stuff, the 80 series, new M series, the Detailer Line, the Consumer Line etc

But everybody "knows" that all you really need is M105!

BTW - tried the CG micro fiber pads, much better than Megs. And the V34 is very good too!

10. Auto Concierge

I just get tired of some people knocking things that they never probably used themselves(Thus they would not have said what they said....) this was no different than the guy I knocked heads with over the Megs Microfiber System where he bashed it with out using(Before it was even released to the buying public for Pete's sake) it, now of course it is probably the most widely used correction process in conjunction with DA polishing to date.

To me it does not matter who the product is made by(Exception is "Ming private labeled products") if it works and I have used it and know for sure it's capabilities then I will comment when ill advised or outright false comments are made about said product(S).

11. DJBAILEY

DJBAILEY Birth of a Detailer

Bob, I agree with you. Some people get really emotional when it comes to brand loyalty and even more so with brand hatred. Any company is capable of hitting a home run with a certain product, but also capable of putting out crap with another product.

12. Auto Concierge

The new Optimum pads/CG pads(They look exactly the same to me) have worked real nice on a few cars I have done, but the Megs pads worked better on some cars thus the reason to have everything in the arsenal if needed, I and others I know even use the "Finishing pad" from Megs in the cutting stage as the foam thickness is similar to the Optimum/Cg pads and the extra cushion on some paints make a difference.

13. junebug

junebug Jedi Nuba

Bob, the issue for me with Megs MF pads wasn't performance, it was that they were only lasting 2, maybe 3 cars before coming apart. I even bought the special Megs backing plate to use with them.(on a PCXP) And here's the deal, I'm 52, have 4 discs in my back that have been ruptured in the past, so I don't put a ton of pressure on these pads. The CG pads compared to Megs - well, just looking them (cutting pads) the CG has more/softer foam and the microfiber is thicker-plusher looking. Time will tell if they hold up, but on the limited details I've done, I like them. BTW, I heard the pollen aka yellow haze, has peaked in NC, thank God!

14. ModdedMach

ModdedMach Birth of a Detailer

I have a pretty big collection of CG products, the only thing ive been under-impressed with is the v34 "compound" after using megs105 its easy to see that while v34 is a great product, its a heavy polish at best i think, i need to play around a little more with it but 105 cuts very fast, i like it.

CG's clay, luber, pad cleaner, Qds, blacklight, jetseal109, pete's 53 wax, are a few of the man CG products i have, they are all very nice.

15. 95-850 wagon

95-850 wagon Banned

lol... this wax IS on their website and I am a huge chemical guys fan...tried alot of other names and cg is the best so far. I live 20 miles from the cg warehouse here in California (they are in inglewood). I have used lava personally on my car and customers cars and I loved it so much that I bought 4 jars. I know he doesnt make the best videos lol...but ive met this guy and hes cool as shit and he also hooks me up every time i go in. Seriously give this wax a shot and you wont be disappointing.

I did this Model A ford with lava wax

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. 95-850 wagon

95-850 wagon Banned

I love the v34 as well...may I suggest you try this.. celeste dettaglio wax from chemical guys.Its awesome wax... not too bad on the price either

17. DetailingGoodies

DetailingGoodies Virgin Detailer

Paint Correction by CG Polish 3n with Blue Hex Logic
    Protect by CG Lava !!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Photo by: Panasonic GX1 with leica lens by Homie Car Detailing