Lava wax

Discussion in 'Last Steps: Waxes, Sealants, and Coatings' started by chemgys99, Jan 27, 2012.

1. UniqueAutoKraft

UniqueAutoKraft Any Rag Vehicle Washer

I don't know if I should even start with whats wrong with that video...

2. cu2mike

cu2mike DB Forum Supporter

:applause2:
    lol I had the same reaction when I found out.
    I went a step further and asdked him....... "But how?" LOL

3. rfinkle2

rfinkle2 DB Forum Supporter

I think it was the whole gun and ammo thing that had my brain in a certain mode (mistake traditional white guys like me make). LOL.

I should have known actually, because for some odd reason, 90 % of my friends are Asian. I can't explain why, but it has been that way since I was really young.

Anyway, back to the Chemical Guys debacle. LOL

4. piginapoke

piginapoke Obsessive Detailer

You waxed your desk? Thats detailing to a whole new level, lol

5. Handz

Handz Obsessive Detailer

I think you took the post the wrong way lol. I ment the Pot of LAVA looks good sitting on my desk lol. I didnt wax my desk lol. My desk is a weird material that is textured so i dont think i could wax it hahahaha.

Hopefully I am gonna try some LAVA on my car soon..... when I get some time off school

6. mike aesthetica

mike aesthetica Jedi Nuba

I did notice something about the video, after the "15 minute dry time" the video color levels are a little different and it appears to be a little desaturated..

After 10 pages of thread I can't believe nobody commented on the buffer trails in the carbon fiber ..:giggle:

7. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

oh yeah, the buffer trails? I thought it was just poor resin quality LOL

8. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

Deep Gloss Auto Salon DB Pro Supporter

D00d... They are called ghost flames!

9. rfinkle2

rfinkle2 DB Forum Supporter

Remind me never to make a video of me applying wax. LOL

10. DirtyWeRX

DirtyWeRX DB Forum Supporter

10 pages? I bumped my "posts per page" count to around 40. This is page 3 for me :D

11. awdxtc

awdxtc Birth of a Detailer

I have to say I agrre, every week they seem to have a new improved product that does exactly what their previous best product does/did. I am going to order Pete's 53 but thats about it. I have seen it in action and I know it works and works great ( my cars are both black) but the introduction of all these new improved products is becoming a joke. Their credibility is going down the tubes in my eyes.

12. DirtyWeRX

Just wanted to bump this with a recent video I watched from them about Lava

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrWgNPX1NS8

I rewatched the video and did some counting...

In 8 minutes and 46 seconds...

They said "Luminous Glow Infusion 5 times,

And they said "Lava"............35 times.

Yeah, I have that much time on my hands.

13. awdxtc

I expect to see chemical guys at kmart and walmart soon.

14. DirtyWeRX

I wish they would. It would be a lot easier to find their products than using their website.

Then again, you would need a whole aisle dedicated to the number of products they have

15. Kilo6_one

Sort of like those annoying full page auto dealers ads that say sale 52 times, and everything is repeated over and over again... on one page of paper......

This one is worse then the last video,
    ..... again, not impressed

I cannot stop laughing at how he acts like they reinvented the wheel, dude....... I can take any wax, and apply it just like LAVA, there is nothing special about the method he is using to apply it. Just trying to sound special.

When he breaks out the PC, right after he states basically you can ONLY apply it in a "special" way unlike any other yada yada yada.......

Even my wife is making fun of this video.

I guess they are not players in the sun in this video......

16. awdxtc

Yeah, like I said they more products they come out with in a short period of time makes me think they are not serious about quality.

17. Kilo6_one

Yeah, i would like to know more about "THE PRODUCT' versus marketing buzz words......

let the product speak for itself, im sure its a great product, but I HIGHLY doubt it is a stand out from anything else they sell.

I like their products, and Ill state that again, but jeeeeeeeeeeeeeez, another video is just excessive.

18. awdxtc

Im not opposed to spending $800 on wax but I don't thing I would buy it from chemical guys.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

19. Erik Mejia

Erik Mejia Obsessive Detailer

I wax my washer and dryer and the refrigerator. Crazy!

20. DirtyWeRX

I use Meguiars APC to clean my bathroom and RainX'd my glass shower doors.... Surprisingly didn't do much