Lava wax

Discussion in 'Last Steps: Waxes, Sealants, and Coatings' started by chemgys99, Jan 27, 2012.

1. chemgys99

chemgys99 DB Forum Supporter

yeah nothing like a fat cop pretending to be ghetto who sounds like he has chronic laryngitis.

2. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

Deep Gloss Auto Salon DB Pro Supporter

*preface* my comment not are directed towards the guy in the video but rather the hyperbole.....
    I don't know about you guys but nothing gets me more excited than statements and claims like the below that I noticed in the video

"Luminous glow infusion".... Thats a mouthful...loll
    "poured hot in the pot".... Well doooog gone, it must be good!
    Will make the clear coat "breathe in the sun".... Better get some of this stuff, we don't want our clear coat to suffocate!
    Has a "great bond to the surface" it "adhered to the surface".... Hmmm interesting!
    "players in the sun" ... Yep, that's what I wanna be...

Sorry guys, I know I am jaded but this stuff really makes me chuckle.....

3. rfinkle2

rfinkle2 DB Forum Supporter

LOL. Sometimes the descriptions go WAYYYY overboard.

4. Swirlkiller

Swirlkiller Two Bucket System Washer

I dont get it. It's available for preorder in my country now and expected to arrive next week. But still no info on the CG website? Im also missing info about the Celeste v2

5. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

"pop in the sun as hard as it can"

wtf? really?

I totally agree, the pitch is over done........

6. nyrep1

nyrep1 Obsessive Detailer

way over done like most of their stuff

7. invaderzim

invaderzim Jedi Nuba

they could at least pick one catch phrase and run with it.

8. DaytonaJae

DaytonaJae Birth of a Detailer

If they redesigned their site and cut down on redundant products I might give them another try. Cut out the gangsta catch phrase marketing and just sell it like it is...

Example:
    G7 Hypercoat? I cant tell what it is by the name...what is that? A tire dressing? A glaze? A vinyl dash treatment for an unreleased Pontiac model? I read the entire novel-length description and still don't know for sure.

9. Lucci Elite Detail

Lucci Elite Detail DB Forum Supporter

Haha did anyone catch " Playa's In The Sun "

10. piginapoke

piginapoke Obsessive Detailer

I wonder if I could exchange my blacklight for it? lol

11. rfinkle2

rfinkle2 DB Forum Supporter

I don't get that either.

They release everything over seas first.

There is another product "glossworks glaze" that is available overseas too, but doesn't show on their site.

I wonder if someone contacted then concerning how people feel about their site if they would bother changing it?

12. piginapoke

piginapoke Obsessive Detailer

The caotic order of your website sucks, and try to simplify your product line and descriptions!

Thank you for your time,

PigInAPoke

13. chemgys99

It's actually G6 hypercoat and a lot of products u can't tell what it is by the name. Like dodo juice- born to be mild, sour power and Lime prime. Or even poor boys white diamond and black hole. They are all amazing products including g6. So that isn't a good argument. Really the only thing I have against cg is they have too many products for one process. I believe they now have 9 waxes all designed for all color and make of vehicles. They would be more successful if they spent all their time into making 2-3 really damn good waxes then 9, that in my eyes, are all not even in the top ten best out there.

14. Kilo6_one

[​IMG]

15. Kilo6_one

detailing products are like seasonal products like clothes or fruit, people want the newest freshest thing regardless. CG could slap a "hello my name is" sticker and write in sharpie what it is and im sure someone will want to be a "playa in the sun" and will buy it even though they already have it and it was just rebadged. I don't blame CG for that, its the consumers fault for creating a atmosphere of the latest and greatest.

Pardon me while I go get my tan on so I can be a "playa"

16. Erik Mejia

Erik Mejia Obsessive Detailer

He is, goes by the screen name of Handz. He's a good guy.

Handz, how would you compare this wax to 50/50 as far as application is concerned? Is it as buttery smooth to apply?

17. invaderzim

invaderzim Jedi Nuba

I'd love to see a sales graph on detailing products from release to a few years later. It has to be a huge spike and then drop and then steady line until someone mentions it online again for most. Being a recovering 'wax-buying-aholic' I'd get caught up in the excitement over each new product that was going to be the next big thing. When a new 'this is it' product came out before I was better at correction I'd think that maybe that product would make the paint look great for a long time. Now that I'm a bit better at correction when the new products come out I wonder if they will take the shine just that little bit farther, a little deeper, a little wetter look.
    Like Kilo6_one said if we didn't jump on the latest product then companies wouldn't have to keep coming out with new ones. Who wants to buy a slightly improved version of Wax#1 when it is more exciting to buy a 'completely new!' Wax#58. I'm sure CG is as addicted to our response to new products as we are to buying new ones.
    That's my guess as to why more companies don't offer small sample sizes for sale. They know enough people will get excited about the product to buy the full size, full price one and most people that buy the sample won't buy a large one later, they'll move on to the next great product. Which is why I'm probably not alone in having a shelf filled with partially used waxes that I don't often think about. We need a giant wax swap meet because it is such a pain to try to sell and ship a tin of used wax that is only worth $10-$20 but it would be great to let someone else try them and maybe satisfy my need to try other new waxes for a lot less than retail on a full container.

18. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

EXACTLY!! Or at least a sticky where guys can list what waxes they are willing to part with and for how much. I bought some empty 3oz containers from a manufacturer and when something comes out that I'm interested in, I buy a few ounces from someone to try it. If I put a coat of wax on my car every month, it would take me 30 YEARS to go through my collection!

19. chemgys99

Oh I agree that they are laughing all the way to the bank when they release a new product. I'm just saying as a buyer it gets frustrating that they keep bringing out the "best" new product and yet I can relate it to something else they have. Either way I'm always gonna buy their stuff. They could come out with a product called bottle of shit n I would prolly try it. That's just how us playa's role.

20. sgvevo9mr

sgvevo9mr Two Bucket System Washer

I have seen a couple of his write ups on here and when i saw the video i was like, this guy looks familiar. Seems like he does some nice work.

Back on topic, I think I will wait for a proper review before even thinking about purchasing another wax.