Lake Country Grout Sponge

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by Reflect, Dec 22, 2008.

1. detaildoc

detaildoc Guest

Proline Grout Sponge all the way.

2. Woob

Woob Jedi Nuba

I've used it on a regular conventional wash, quite soft when wet, foams when needed, and is softer than my normal grout sponges. Still need to try it with ONR, but it's quite light when wet.

3. Tampa-Brian

Tampa-Brian Any Rag Vehicle Washer

I'm with you, from first swipe the comfort level surpassed any sponge of it's genre I have used to date. They are worth having around the garage.

4. michakaveli

michakaveli Welcome to Detailing

I've read some good reviews of this sponge so I added it to my shopping cart. I plan on using this sponge for ONR washes. Whats the best method to wash thsi sponge and other wash media. I usually just add a splash of Tide HE to the pre-wash and wash cycles on my machine with a splash of Woolite as well.

5. Mobey

Mobey Virgin Detailer

What do the "pro Line" sponges look like. I went to Lowe's and the grout sponges they sell in Canada look just like normal sponges. Can't see that they would be anything special to wash a car with.

Mobey

6. detaildoc

detaildoc Guest

Large pores to absorb dirt, super soft, rinses out 100% clean each time, holds and spreads suds like crazy, the only wash medium I have tried that has not marred my super soft Lexus CC. At Lowes in the US, you find them with the house cleaning supplies. Read this: http://www.autopia.org/forum/car-detailing/101657-better-grout-sponge.html
    [​IMG]

7. eyezack87

eyezack87 Guest

Its more expensive than my Zymol sponge! :yikes:

8. detaildoc

detaildoc Guest

Haha! I only pay $1.98 for my GS at Lowes.:popcorn:

9. MadOzodi

MadOzodi Nuba Guru

I had the chance to use my LC GS today. I agree with all that Hum-Benz said; this will be my new go-to wash tool, ONR washes included. :thumb: