Lake Country green ccs pads, who uses them?

Discussion in 'Compounds, Polishes, Paint Cleaners, and Glazes' started by Dontsleeponit, Dec 13, 2008.

1. D&D Auto Detailing

D&D Auto Detailing DB Forum Supporter

proper auto care

2. D&D Auto Detailing

I think the green german foam is what gets the most hype. Pretty sure Todd really likes that pad.

3. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

What are you cleaning them with? I use my green pads from PAC more than every other pad combined and after almost a year, they are still like new. No issues with the velcro. After I use mine, I spray them down with APC, let them sit for about 10 minutes and rinse with warm water. You can squeeze the excess water out or throw it on your polisher and give'er a spin and let them air dry.

4. D&D Auto Detailing

Good advice from 911. When you dry them, make sure you lay them face down, velcro up on a paper towel. That way the water doesnt seep down into the velcro. You can also hand them.

5. Dontsleeponit

Dontsleeponit Jedi Nuba

6. D&D Auto Detailing

Seems like those are the ones 911 likes, german green foam. Check out page one. Im going to have to pick some of those up soon.

7. 911Fanatic

Yes those are the ones. For some reason, their green foam seems to cut better than the green foam from anyone else and you can use it with any of the Menz polishes with great results.

8. Asphalt Rocket

Asphalt Rocket Nuba Guru

You also can go to a store like bed, bath and beyond. There is a something that is called a sweater dryer. It is elavated and you lay your pads on it and this way the water can drip out of the pad and the air actual circulates through the pad. This is what I use.

9. 911Fanatic

Me too!:thumb:

10. 911Fanatic

OOPS! Forgot that VERY important point. Thanks for covering my butt.

11. Asphalt Rocket

Asphalt Rocket Nuba Guru

My parents were by the house oneday and my mom suggested it after seeing pads laid out on towels on the kitchen counter. The thing works great.

12. blk45

blk45 Jedi Nuba

Correct on both accounts. The other green pad is junk, IMO.

13. togwt

togwt Nuba Guru

Green Heavy Polishing Foam Pad - the urethane foam that Mercedes Benz selected for their CeramiClear nano-technology clear coats is unique in the industry and different from any of the other foams. In September of 2006 this green, German foam was introduced with Closed Cell Structure (CCS) Technology at Automekanica in Frankfurt, Germany. It produces less spot heating and has a unique compression/load/deflection ratio which means it conforms quickly to contours. It is high strength foam with (60 PPI) yet is softer and more forgiving than regular foams which have 80 pores per sq. inch. This means it can remove minor swirls yet leaves a smooth, haze-free finish. Use this pad to apply compounds or polishes to remove severe scratches and surface marring. This is aggressive foam and should be followed with an orange pad and a fine polish and then a white pad to refine the paint until it is smooth.

Autogeeks (AG) Green foam is very different from Lake County (LC) Green foam although it’s made and re-labelled by LC

14. Bunky

Bunky Guest

This pad is between orange and white so you follow with white not orange.

15. 911Fanatic

Actually, if you are using the Green pad from PAC, there is no need to go to a white before finishing. In theory this would be the case but the green pad finishes down so nice, even when using SIP, typically you can go straight to your finishing pad and polish.

16. Dontsleeponit

Dontsleeponit Jedi Nuba

Well it seems as though the LC orange pads aren't very popular with rotary users, so would you say the german green CCS is what you would use in its place?

I still want to hear what users of the AG green light polishing pad think of it, and how they use it.

I figured the green heavy polishing pads that most places sell would be good to use instead of orange pads with SIP or like polishes.

17. D&D Auto Detailing

I hate the orange LC pads with the rotary. I use the Megs yellow so1o pads instead, but they are a little big. I wonder how the cut on those compares to the german green pads? I think the cut of both is just slightly less than the orange pad. Im also interested to hear more about the 3M yellow polishing pads. The Sonus SFX yellow pad is also a good choice, much softer than the orange pad. I even prefer the Megs W0076 pad over the orange pad.

18. 911Fanatic

I wouldn't say I use the green pad in place of the orange, there are times when you just need a firm pad. I use the orange or the Megs cutting pad if I have some deep RDS. Even with Powergloss, the green pad just isn't firm enough at times. I recently got the UK 3M pads to try and the Menzerna compounding pad ( this one scares the shit out of me!) Like I said, it makes the 3M compounding pad feel like a finishing pad.

Have you tried the Purple Foamed Wool? I have one but once again, have yet to try it. If this weather keeps up I may wind up polishing my entire work van.

19. D&D Auto Detailing

Yep, I use to use those pads, I think they are a little overrated though. Right now Im using the Megs so1o light cut wool pad, but there are some other wool pads I want to try.

20. Asphalt Rocket

Asphalt Rocket Nuba Guru

My rule of thumb is if you need an orange pad or more I just use wool. Wool cuts faster, levels the paint better than orange. Then you can move up to sip with a green pad and then your choice of finishing polish with a finishing pad. I just don't see the point in using an orange pad when you get so much more out of wool.