Kwazar Mercury+ Pro not spraying after top popped off

Discussion in 'Tools - Machine Polishers, Pressure Washers, Detai' started by Danny, Sep 30, 2011.

1. Wheelz25

Wheelz25 Jedi Nuba

I use mine for spray waxes, ONR clay lube, window cleaners, and sonax full effect wheel cleaner....only once have i messed up a kwazar sprayer with a chemical was when I was in a pickle and needed a bottle for a quick spray of body solvent and after a couple sprays and a few minutes in there the sprayer was ruined.....but I knew this was a real possibility and had no other option as I was mobile and dint have access to other bottles.

TBH i don't know EXACTLY what they claim to be able to handle but sometimes products don't work in every situation and this might just be one of them.

Do you hear something rattling around in the sprayer? the one i ruined with a body solvent/thinner has a definite broken "rattling" sound that the others in working condition do not have.

I find they are great for spray waxes...sure they spray more but they atomized the product much more evenly, just use a quicker hand motion to cover a larger area of the panel.

2. bonehead

bonehead Jedi Nuba

Nope, nothing rattling around. Trigger seems to have the same resistance, just no pressure buildup/uptake of the fluid. Thought it may have been the viscosity of the liquid (although AG is pretty watery vs. P21S) and tried plain water. Still nothing.

3. Wheelz25

Wheelz25 Jedi Nuba

hmm...sorry cant really help much then, thought you might have the same rattling issue. I'm sure phil will be making some phone calls to sort this one out.

4. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

:popcorn:

5. mike aesthetica

mike aesthetica Jedi Nuba

Physically impossible that there is a problem with these bottles - they cost 15 dollars, that simply does not make sense despite what a lot of veteran detailers warn against ad nauseum..

6. DirtyWeRX

DirtyWeRX DB Forum Supporter

I was under the impression that kwazar uses chemical resistant seals. I posted a thread about a different dual action sprayer I got for like $7 each and we're made by kwazar but didnt come with Viton seals. I had one of the cheaper sprayers fail on me after using Meguiars WB in it but I probably had that on coming. Now I basically use them for less-harsh chemicals like ONR for clay lube or 1:1 of IPA

7. Kilo6_one

$2.75 chem resistant sprayer from US Plastics running wheel brightener for almost a 3 months before any signs of issues, but I was ready. I had a replacement head that cost me 1.00 from them and kept on cleaning. ........... also run water spot remover (acid) never an issue. and if I do have issues the cost to replace the head is so cheap, i don't even care.

Just sayin.

kwazar bottles are great for things like clay lube but anything else is up for debate, and honestly if im trying to lay down that much product like APC or wheel cleaner im using a venus or a bug sprayer..........

8. cu2mike

cu2mike DB Forum Supporter

Clay lube? nah bro lol.
    This is the shit for clay lube:
    motorized_sprayer.jpg

9. Kilo6_one

oooooooooooooooo even better. Link that to me on FB homie

10. cu2mike

cu2mike DB Forum Supporter

Done! You gonna like it so much more, squeeze, hold, watch it go and go and go, lol.

11. mrd0t

mrd0t Obsessive Detailer

Using Meg's APC, ONR, Meg's Glass, P21S WG, and IPA in mine and no issues after 2 months.

12. bonehead

bonehead Jedi Nuba

My guess is the APC will kill that bottle in a few more months. The other chemicals are probably benign enough. Mine was fine for several months until all of a sudden it just died on me.

13. mrd0t

mrd0t Obsessive Detailer

Only time will tell...lol.

14. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

here is a running list of approved items that work.

A list of chemicals approved for the Mercury Pro +

ethyl alcohol
    isopropyl alcohol
    benzene
    phenol
    Propylene glycol
    nitric acid 10%
    nitric acid 100%
    nitric acid 30%
    phosphoric acid 85% cold
    formic acid cold
    Naphta
    ethyl acetate
    Gas oil
    Mineral oil
    sodium hypochlorite
    turpentine
    Toluene
    wodorotlenek amonu 28%
    ammonium hydroxide 20% cold
    ammonium hydroxide 50% cold

-----

Items I know won't cause an issue at our store

All Detail Sprays
    Adam's Carpet and Upholstery
    Adam's Glass Cleaner
    Adam's APC
    Adam's Green Wheel Cleaner
    Adam's Waterless Wash
    Aquatz Reload
    IPA
    Sonax Wheel Cleaner
    P21S Wheel Cleaner (gel)
    Aquartz Iron Cut
    Wolf's Decon Gel
    Wolf's Nano QD
    Wolf's Wheel Cleaner
    1Z einszett Windscreen
    1Z einszett Spray Wax
    1Z cockpit
    1Z deep cleaner
    1Z W99
    1Z Vinyl Rubber
    1Z Anti Insekt
    Lusso Glass Polish
    303 products
    Raggtop Products
    Prima Products
    Menzerna Top Inspection
    Menzerna Paint Refresh

I will add more to this list but I'm 100% sure the above will be fine.

In the 2 years of selling these we have had less than 20 triggers go bad usually due to chemicals not approved.

15. Kaban

Kaban Welcome to Detailing

This is the next thing on my list to try. Probably going to order a couple of these in the near future to use for clay lube and citrus degreaser.

16. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

Add CG Grime Reaper and Zep Purple to the list of NOT approved chemicals. That's what caused my trigger to not work properly.

17. bonehead

bonehead Jedi Nuba

Think this needs to be stickied for reference and added to as failures arise. This way, we know how NOT to ruin these expensive bottles. They're great when they work, but just an expensive hunk of plastic if the trigger fails.

Please also add Autoglym CWC to the list.

18. uzj100

uzj100 Jedi Nuba

And add FK 425 and IZ W99

Very disappointed in these pricey things. As someone above said, great when they work, but.........