Just tested Meg's 105....

Discussion in 'Compounds, Polishes, Paint Cleaners, and Glazes' started by Al-53, May 1, 2008.

1. Nica

Nica Banned

This M105 sounds interesting, funny becuase Calgarydetail was mentioning this last night and I'm so stuck on Menzerna that I need to look beyond Menzerna and try something new..mmm...well next order I'm getting some M105.

Great review Al :applause:

Great now Calgarydetail is going to rub it in :shakehead:

2. Truls

Truls Two Bucket System Washer

OK, thats it, im getting some of that M105....

Let us know how it works with wool....Are you going rotary/wool/105?

3. Asphalt Rocket

Asphalt Rocket Nuba Guru

Truls, like I sad above wool/M105 is a deadly combo.Also megs reccomends that M105 is to be used with wool, but it has worked well with foam. I am using it with a rotary.

4. Tonya

Tonya Welcome to Detailing

Thanks for the info!!!

5. reefer_bob

reefer_bob Obsessive Detailer

I'm gonna go try a bottle... I too am kinda Menz locked.

I need to look into some products I can use in the hot summer. I've got some 3m UF. Now I'll pick up some 105. I just need an alternative to SIP! :)

6. blk45

blk45 Jedi Nuba

You are going to be hard pressed to find a combo that works as quickly and effectively as M105/wool/rotary. If you do, I would love to know about it.

7. Al-53

Al-53 Welcome to Detailing

Ok..Today I tried a little more M105...I used it try to get some sanding marks out of a Motorcycle fender...it was rainy today so worked in the shop..

the 105 gummed and quit on me in about 5 seconds...I added some Opt polish and it made it better..I used a purple foamed wool...Now I see its very weather tempermental...plus you use a good amount to pick up..like a 6" line of it....it did real good clearing the sand marks..but I ran out of my sample..waiting for my order to come in now...I think I am going to order some Solo M86 also now to use to keep it working a bit longer...

the whole trick is to lay a bead down and then pick it up...

Al

8. Asphalt Rocket

Asphalt Rocket Nuba Guru

Al, you are exactly right when using a wool pad. Put the M105 on the vehicle and pick it up with the pad.

9. zoomzoom mazda5

zoomzoom mazda5 Wax on..Wax off

Yes that's the way to use M105. A small bead about 1-2 inch's long and very thin. That's the way i use it and had no problems at all.

10. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

Deep Gloss Auto Salon DB Pro Supporter

I used 105 for the first time today and it works great.

Al you can get it from a paint supply store I got a quart for $30 or a gal for $90.. I wish I would have got the gal....lol

11. Al-53

Al-53 Welcome to Detailing

Ya..I could of got it at a body supply..but I had a free shipping coupon for ADS and it was a bit cheaper..plus I had other stuff to get ..so made a good order to have shipped free...lol....I hate going into the city....

yes it does work nice....I really like it ...

Al

12. J BELL

J BELL Nuba Guru

Yeah definitely get 105 from Rick at ADS he has the best prices bar none....Autogeek wanted 30 for a quart, and rick wanted 23...gallon is like 69 IIRC....thats a big difference..and Rick's shipping is very very reasonable

13. Asphalt Rocket

Asphalt Rocket Nuba Guru

Jason, glad to hear you had success with the m105 today.

14. Sparkie

Sparkie Wax on..Wax off

I'm having problems with Megs 105. I tried in on a Buick and a Toyota. Three dime size dots on a white edge pad, spread it on 500 rpm and work it at 1000...The product gum up on me...May be the humidity was to high...I don't know....I would like some help on this...

15. SuperBee364

SuperBee364 Birth of a Detailer

Sparkie, try not spreading it out first. I know that seems unnatural, but it really helps. If you spread it out first, by the time you get back to working it, it will be dried up. You have to spread it at the same time you're working it. I think that's why the guys that put the polish on the paint are getting better results. Pick it up at full buffer speed, then just keep going. No pre-spreading required.

16. Mindflux

Mindflux Welcome to Detailing

Oh no. The swam is moving this way ;)
    :applause2:

17. Usjdmtuner

Usjdmtuner Wax on..Wax off

actually Meg105 was working good with my sonus white and yellow pad...depending with the scratch or how bad the swirls.. it cuts faster but it dust and sometimes gets gummy.. I actually mix it with 106FA to add some play time... but i really think its a must for polishing and followed it with FA or 85RD or UF... depends on what works best..

18. Usjdmtuner

Usjdmtuner Wax on..Wax off

never tried it with wool but foam works really good...which wool did you use?

19. Dust2Glory

Dust2Glory Nuba Guru

I just picked up a quart of M105... do you think mixing in some RMG would help working time along with gumming up and dusting?

20. Asphalt Rocket

Asphalt Rocket Nuba Guru

No need to mix anything with M105, when used correctly and/or getting the hang of it you will not see much dusting nor will you get it to gum up.