Just got some Eimann Fabrik HI-Cleaner

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by d00t, Mar 6, 2009.

1. d00t

d00t Welcome to Detailing

I orderd Eimann Fabrik Tire Cleaner, and High Intesity Cleaner to test them against P21S TAW and Wheel Gel.

Todd @ BellaMacchina said they work really well. I'm hoping the High Intensity Cleaner will out perform TAW but doubt it will against Wheel Gel. EF HI-Cleaner is only like $40 a gallon, as opposed to TAW which is like $75-80. 1/2 the price and hopefully just as good ;).

Will report back next week..

Any thoughts? Have you tried either?

Aaron

2. Denzil

Denzil Guest

I haven't tried either but I do look forward to hearing your results. By the way, how much did those items cost you? I myself am trying to get the best bang for the products to minimize costs, hehe.

3. d00t

Eimann Fabrik HI-C32 1 13.95
    Hi-Intensity Cleaner
    Eimann Fabrik Tire TC-32 1 12.95
    Cleaner

Directly from my receipt ;). (32oz sizes)

Going to try them out on tuesday!

4. dsms

dsms DB Forum Supporter

^^ You want the best performing and best bang for your buck tire combo?

Here it is...

Stoners Tarminator
    Megs APC 4:1

Thats both cost effective and a true way to deep clean tires:thumb:

5. d00t

I actually use tarminator too, sometimes. (Learned from Bob as well). I'm looking for more bang-for-buck for rim cleaning, then tire cleaning. I just wanted to try the EF tire cleaner based on rave reviews.

I actually still have like 1/2 a gallon of Megs APC on the shelf!

6. Brian N

Brian N Jedi Nuba

Just used the Eimann Tire Cleaner on a customers car today. Oh my god does this stuff work well. I am sooo amazed/surpised. I lightly sprayed it on a tire and the brown color just started to drip off. Even before I had at it with the tire brush.

I am completely sold on that product.

7. eyezack87

eyezack87 Guest

+2 on what Brian said. I was there. Freaking crazy stuff that is! :thumb:

8. Denzil

Denzil Guest

Thanks for the feedback on the Eimann Fabrik guys.

9. PAUL

PAUL Virgin Detailer

Hey, I'm curious about a few things.

EF Hi Cleaner works well on tires because it's high PH.
    EF Tire cleaner works well because of the high PH.

wouldn't the two be considered the same? It doesn't make sense to me to purchase both when Hi cleaner works just as well as the tire cleaner.

I'm definetly going to be buying HI cleaner but the tire cleaner I don't think so...

10. d00t

HI Cleaner is more like P21s TAW from my understanding. Tire cleaner, is, well, just that. Where as HI CLeaner is more all purpose. Just something about putting tire cleaner on the engine bay doesn't sound right :tiptoe:

11. d00t

UPDATE:

Tried both on the infiniti I washed yesterday. The tire cleaner is AMAZING. The wheel (HI Cleaner) did an amazing job. It specifically states not to let it dwell, so that was a little odd because I'm so used to P21S. With that said, I'm not sure I'm sold because it is quite expensive ($40/gallon) so I'll probably use it here and there (only bought 32oz).

But overall I'm very impressed, definitely a cheaper alternative all around product (HI Cleaner) and is worth checking out if you want something different than a standard APC or P21s stuff.

Aaron

12. J BELL

J BELL Nuba Guru

It doesnt sound like you are able to dilute any of these products? 40 still saves you over 20 bucks over TAW...

13. carguy461

carguy461 Two Bucket System Washer

Where did you purchase these products from? thanks..:applause2:

14. d00t

Yeah, no dillution but it is cheaper!!

Proper Auto Care is where I got them from.

15. milabfocker

milabfocker Jedi Nuba

How does this combination work? I understand the Megs APC part; however, do you apply the Tarminator to the tire as well?

16. dsms

dsms DB Forum Supporter

I thought it was a little silly at first but Bob told me it works like a charm so I tested it because I have a case of tarminator to use anyway. Its basically an economical solution to using something like P21s TAW...and IMO it works better.

I clean the tire first with a strong mix of APC and a stiff brush and then rinse it. After that I spray some Tarminator on the tires and let it sit for 30secs or so and then agitate with a stiff brush as well. I find the mild, solvent based tarminator helps to really deep clean the tires. The surface dirt will usually come off with ease when using strong APC or a similar product but a lot of times old tire dressing and grime will get trapped in the rubber, Tarminator will help to get rid of that excess grime even after the tires appear clean. Also makes for excellent bonding when using a tire gel or spray, you'll notice after the tarminator trick that NO dirt will come off on your tire dressing applicator again.:thumb:

17. klink10

klink10 Virgin Detailer

New guy here but I thought I would chime in on the Eiman. I got this stuff a long time ago as it was recommended for cycle cleaning, not only the tires but the whole bike. I found it works quite well if you follow the directions. For the Harley, I squirt it in sections, agitate the really bad spots with a brush and then rinse with hot water. It is a excellent degreaser and tire cleaner.