Just curious what would you all like to see next

Discussion in 'Detailers Domain' started by detailersdomain, Jul 21, 2008.

1. Eliot Ness

Eliot Ness Any Rag Vehicle Washer

This thread had some better pictures of them in use (scroll down to where vxrmarc is doing the wheels):

Audi R8 Detail - Detailing World

Links to a UK supplier who is sold out:

Wheel Brush Kit

Seemed to be a patent issue, although I heard a rumor they were coming back soon (but I'm not sure who is going to carry them):

Metal free wheel brushes - Detailing World

2. shiny

shiny Jedi Nuba

3. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

Deep Gloss Auto Salon DB Pro Supporter

Phil,

I have been wanting these brushes for some time, they have been called "drum sticks" by the UK guys...

As stated, due to patent issues they were discontinued for some time but as it appears they are coming back on the market...

If you can get these, I would by a full set ASAP as I am sure many would if they have heard of them... The great thing about them is that they come in different sizes - meaning the outer diameter of the actuall wool part. This is so that they can fit in between the caliper and barrel of the rim on various vehicles that this clearance area varies...

So in short, PLEASE GET THEM...lol

4. Brian N

Brian N Jedi Nuba

This is exactly what I am talking about. These wheel brushes look absoultely amazing .

5. I would pay close to $50 for one of these FYI

6. Brian N

Brian N Jedi Nuba

Yeah I think it goes for around 90 for the set of three. Man Phil you should seriously work on getting these seems like I am not the only one longing for these brushes. :headbang:

7. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

I might be interested also. They look like a greta tool.

8. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

He's got like 5 in the R8 detail pics. I want all of 'em !!

9. Nica

Nica Banned

You guys are absolutely correct, if you can get your hands on these brushes you'll be in heaving, I have two sets, the only two sets I could get my paws on and they work well, best part is they last a long time too. I've been using one set for over a year now and they don't show any sighn of wear and tear :thumb:

Worth every penny if you ask me, so Phil chop, chop buddy :peace:

10. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

what did they retail, can you get me some good shots of the carlos.

how are they held together?

BTW guys I just put in a huge order of the Lake Country Flat Pads in 4 inch /5 inch and 6.5 inch sizes.

I also put in an order for the 3 1/4 inch purple wool pads everyone has been asking for.

2-4 weeks for delivery.

Any of you guys interested in 3m sand paper 2000/1500/1000 grit I can bring those in as well.

11. JLs Detailing

JLs Detailing DB Pro Supporter

Hey I would want to get in on some of these as well!! Nica you get all the best toys!

12. Nica

Nica Banned

Retail, retail..mmmm..if I remember correctly I think it was something like $20 to $30 each. I picked them up on line and for two sets (total of 4 sticks, two - one inch and two - two inches) it cost me something between $200 to $300 ish. I would have to double check the invoice but I can't at the moment as we are living of boxes :shrug:

To be honest, I've been scratching my head as to what they used to put it together. I have yet to find a product to bond so well with the wool type material and the plastic handle, I honeslty have no clue what was used to bond the two together but what ever it is, it's really good becuase it witstands every chemical I throw at it.

I can take some pictures for you...but I just can't do it right now at the moment..boxes every where..all my goodies are stored a way :acry2: computer stuff is next :acry2: :acry2:

13. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

I have no idea where to even start.....

what is the manufacturer or brand of these brushes...

14. Duratys

Duratys Welcome to Detailing

You got him scrambling Carlos......threaten to ban him if he dosent get em :banned::applause2:

15. Nica

Nica Banned

To be honest Phil, these things are a mistery, I mean I managed to track the phone number of the person who manufactured the ones I got my hands on and then he just disapeared? Last I heard, the person who manufactured the ones I own lives in a big boat (yatte sorry for spelling) and you never know where he will be. I managed to get a hold of his phone number through connections talked to him once and that was the end of that. In a nut shell the conversation was something like this, "....I can't make any wool sticks for you becuase of the patent..." silly patent :rant:

16. Brian N

Brian N Jedi Nuba

Well it looks from the last link that these are going to come on the European markets really soon according to those posting on the thread. Maybe we will just have to wait for them to come out again before Phil can source them?

Because in the thread they said the end of August so that is right about now.

17. Denzil

Denzil Guest

Any chance you could get your hands on the Meg's Unigrit wet sandpaper Phil? Oh and would you be able to sell single sheets if you do end up carrying them?

18. RussECU

RussECU DB Forum Supporter

These brushes look nice! Where is the patent issue? Is it worldwide or a certain region?

19. Eliot Ness

Eliot Ness Any Rag Vehicle Washer

I think the ones with the black handles were sold in the UK and called Metal-Free Brushes. The ones with a white handle were sold in the states by PAC (ProperAutoCare) and I think they were called Wheel Woolies. That isn't much help but it's all that I know at this time.

20. Hey Phil, these are items that I'm looking to buy in the near future. There's so much out there...

Black Shmitt - Didn't you use to have this??
    Clearkote- Carnauba Moose, RMG, and Vanilla Moose (I know they're not so hot on DB, but they seem to make some great products!)
    The Drumstick Brushes
    Optimum's Water-Spot Remover (once its available to the public)
    3M Ultrafina
    Cookie Monster Towels
    Plexus

That'a few of them. Anybody else wish that Phil could be the monopoly man :shrug: :loud: :headbang: