June 2009-03 Black Z06 Severe Acid Rain/Water Spo

Discussion in 'Show and Shine' started by Asphalt Rocket, Jun 29, 2009.

1. Asphalt Rocket

Asphalt Rocket Nuba Guru

This is one of the worst cars I have had to do. I have well over 40 hours in this one. I got in contact with Adam(owner) through DaveS4-thanks. Adam was at the point that he didn't really care about the car anymore. I inspected his car and we set up a day for drop off. When he dropped it off he kept staring at my vette and I knew right threre that I had to make it as close to my car as possible. Needless to say when Adam picked up the car he was beyond happy which is what we all strive for.

Since Adam said he applied several coats of Zaino I washed the vehice with TAW to try and remove it that way. That did not work at all, same beading as when I rinsed the car before the wash. After four bathes of straight solvent the paint finally stopped beading. Did a final wash with TAW to remove the solvent. Between washing the car, the wheels, and wells one whole day was gone.

The paint correction was over a three day period with two of those days I worked till 6 am from starting at 9am the day prior. I used the DN method with the following combos, M105/wool pad, M105/Kompressor pad, M205/Kompressor pad, and final polished using Ultrafina and a blue CCS pad. LSP is Blackfire Wet Diamond, this is the slickest sealant I have used, by far my favorite sealant.

Here is what I had to work with.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Some 50/50 shots of the hood after M105/Wool pad
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Now the final product
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. sal329

sal329 Nuba Guru

Amazing the car looks better then new. What is your take on the Kompressor pads? Can't wait to learn about the DN method

3. Asphalt Rocket

Asphalt Rocket Nuba Guru

They work great, very user friendly.

4. SSTG

SSTG DB Forum Supporter

As I said superb work Dana. Good luck.

5. Asphalt Rocket

Asphalt Rocket Nuba Guru

Thanks Seth, fingers crossed.