JLs Detailing: 08 Corvette

Discussion in 'Show and Shine' started by JLs Detailing, Aug 21, 2008.

1. Asphalt Rocket

Asphalt Rocket Nuba Guru

You should have listened to me:spank:

2. bigpoppa

bigpoppa Jedi Nuba

Lookin' good :)

Nice write up, too, I like how the before and after pictures of the same area are right in front of one another.

3. JLs Detailing

JLs Detailing DB Pro Supporter

Thanks I picked the Autosol up off of Ebay. I think I paid less than $10 shipped. It is a very good metal polish...gotta thank Nica for that one though.

4. Carn

Carn Welcome to Detailing

Excellent work as always JL !
    Beautifull car and fantastic color, that orange metallic is awesome ! Always nice to see different colors as opposed to the usual silvers, blue's and blacks ;)

5. RussECU

RussECU DB Forum Supporter

Yes I have seen Carlos using it too. Thought it was just an Canada item.

6. Nica

Nica Banned

So JL, what are your thoughts on Vintage? What did you think of it? You mentioned you have some left over, what are you planning to do with what you have left over? Heck what ever you use it on I'd love to see pictures.

7. FMINUS

FMINUS DB Pro Supporter

wha???????? soooooo nice...... :headbang::worship2:

8. DLR Detailing

DLR Detailing Jedi Nuba

:worship2: Simply amazing! :thud: :applause: My favorite color, and it is done right!!! :headbang: Great pictures, thanks for sharing with us!

Dave

9. GBS

GBS Wax on..Wax off

I like Vette's but I'm not a big orange paint fan. Great job!

10. Dust2Glory

Dust2Glory Nuba Guru

I think Rubbish Boys OE would of looked killer on this paint... Vintage I would of saved for something like a non-metallic black, red or blue.

Don't get me wrong, it looks great. Just think OE would of done more for the color

11. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

Deep Gloss Auto Salon DB Pro Supporter

Not trying to be a jerk but have you tried either one (OE or Vintage) to know this?

12. D&D Auto Detailing

D&D Auto Detailing DB Forum Supporter

Awesome, glad it helped.

13. Dust2Glory

Dust2Glory Nuba Guru

First of all, if you're not trying to be a jerk then why the implication?

Secondly, I have tried OE and know that it rocks on lighter colors, especially with flake such as this one.

After seeing pics of Vintage on blacks, reds, blues... I think it looks better on such

Again, it looks great... i just think OE would of taken it to another level

14. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

Deep Gloss Auto Salon DB Pro Supporter

Ohhh jeez, here we go.. I know how thin some peoples skin is which is why I preceeded my comment with that statement. I honestly did not want you to take my comment the wrong way which is why I made the statement. It is often difficult to understand a persons true intent on the net because all you see is words, no voice inflection, body language tone etc. - I meant no harm and had no ill will - there was no implication...

15. JLs Detailing

JLs Detailing DB Pro Supporter

Yeah thats what Deep Gloss said! LOL

Thanks bigpoppa. I think sometimes I get way to long winded in the write ups but I don't want to forget anything that might help someone else out or point out a problem I might have had so someone can help me out. Yeah I like the before and afters together to get the full effect.

Thanks Carn and with some of the work I've seen you putting out that is a huge compliment.

Nica I was really impressed with the wax. I had put some on the wife's Volvo before using it this time and the thing that struck me the most about Vintage other than the insane beading was how the Volvo never looks dirty. I mean it can go two weeks without a bath (which is highly unusual) and it still doesn't look dirty. Its like the car has this incredible beautiful barrier over it. Oh and you ask whats next for Vintage well I'll give you a little teaser:

[​IMG]

I just drove it a few hours ago and it is not only a beautiful car it drives amazingly. The client can't wait to get it detailed and we set a date tonight!!!!

Thanks means a lot coming from my mentor:headbang:!
    Thanks Dave I too just absolutely love this color and was ecstatic with the way it turned out.

Thanks Gary. It seems that this paint color is a love it or hate it type of paint.

Well his other two cars have the Jetseal/Rubbish Boys OE on them. We talked at length about it and I told him I thought Vintage would just really set it off. I am glad I did as it made the vette just smokin'!

Yeah it helped now we just have to get you to hook me up on using everything in manual.

16. LanceM

LanceM DB Forum Supporter

wow looks great

17. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

18. D&D Auto Detailing

D&D Auto Detailing DB Forum Supporter

Anytime!

19. Nica

Nica Banned

Ooooh nice vehicle....mmmm...Mercedes :druling: :druling:

Look forward to the vehicle, remember lots of pictures :whistle:

20. pirex

pirex DB Certified Dealer

You know what? The vette would cost almost as mutch as the house in Norway. lol