It took almost a year but its finnaly here

Discussion in 'Detailing Bliss Lounge' started by Calgarydetail, May 26, 2008.

  1. Calgarydetail

    Calgarydetail Getting to know Detailing

    Well here it is... my baby....well its my dads but i have free range to show it whenever i want. Its not going to be driven much so it will be perfect for the shows.
    It needs a was and wax but i need to get all the paper work in order first..

    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]
     
  2. Smith2287

    Smith2287 Welcome to Detailing

    Wow congrats on the car I can't wait to see it all cleaned up wearing a nice coat of vintage!!!:applause2:
     
  3. gmblack3

    gmblack3 Top 9 detailer in the US to serve you in Atlanta

    Very cool!

    I say wetsand the entire car, I mean go all out.
     
  4. richy

    richy Guest

    Man it seems like yesterday you made the trek down to Chatham to get it..right in my neighbourhood to boot! Too bad we didn't get a chance to go for a bevvy. From a family that had collected and restored antiques for years, just remember, you're driving on 50's technology brakes, etc...not like that Mercedes, LOL. Drive safely.
     
  5. Black Diamond

    Black Diamond Jedi Nuba

    Wow man! That is so sweet!
     
  6. Nica

    Nica Banned

    Oh now it's available :thumbdown:

    We could have used this vehicle in the car show...hopefully there will be more car shows for us to enter :cheerl:

    So how many coats of Vintage does it have now? Two, three or five like my Lexus :giggle:
     
  7. Calgarydetail

    Calgarydetail Getting to know Detailing

    Thanks, and im excited to detail it, but it needs anout of provience saftey before anything happens
    thanks.... and i have a feeling this car will never be westanded (unless it gets a repaint)
    It does seem like yestrday, time travels fast. I know what you mean about the 50;s brakes. I had a chance to drive my friends 55 t-bird and it was an intersting experience. But it was fun none the less...but i wont get to drive it untill im 25. It has to be insurd as a collector car (the regulat insurance wont cover it) so you need to be 25 to drive it... so 4.5 more years and im golden
    thanks
    yeah well from now on we can show it whenever we want. I think the next big event is three hills and we can shot it there.....

    and no vintage yet im might have to try atlantique on this car.... i think its fitting
     
  8. Duratys

    Duratys Welcome to Detailing


    Are you gonna make Three Hills? Im going this year....
     
  9. Calgarydetail

    Calgarydetail Getting to know Detailing

    depends how today goes, i have to get the car safetied and regsitered today bt if all goes as planned I will be there.....with the T-bird

    edit: I should say if for anyreason i cannot bring the T-bird thne i will be there.... i also know justin (divine detail) will be thre... and we should all convince Carlos to GO :D
     
  10. Divine Detail

    Divine Detail DB Pro Supporter

    I'll be there with my vette, if the weathers nice, or my buddys 1996 mystic cobra w. the suspension, saleen, and a procharger. What're you taking, Duratys?
     
  11. littlemissGTO

    littlemissGTO Welcome to Detailing

    Very neat car.

    Funny story. A friend of mine has a 68 GTO and he said that I could drive it just to see what it's like driving an older car. After a show on Sunday I got in and started to adjust the driver's seat. Well his interior has been replaced with 2005 GTO seats. The driver's seat wouldn't get close enough for me to reach the pedals. In fact there was at least an inch of space between my feet and the pedals.
    Guess I might have to get some pedal blocks so I can drive his car.
     
  12. Duratys

    Duratys Welcome to Detailing



    My 89 Turbo TA is loaded in the trailer as we speak and the wife might drive the 91 GTA down. Not sure if the 91 is going to make it cause we cant find a sitter for the kid. A car show and a 5 month old dosent sound like fun to me....


    My brother inlaw will bring his 67 Camaro and a friend of ours has a 69 Camaro with a fuel injected 502. I know a couple guys from Calgary are bringing their Third Gen Trans Ams and possibly another Turbo TA from Edmonton.

    Ive been told that theres anywhere from 5-10000 people that make this event each year!

    Carlos..........You better plan for this one!!
     
  13. Nica

    Nica Banned

    Sounds like quite the car show..I may have to come down. Well that is if I have no vehicles to detail, so far I've only got a tentative vehicle booked not for sure just yet though.

    But I might just bring the kids along it would make for a nice drive :thumb:

    I might show up, actually I'd love to come just not sure what the plans are for this weekend..what time does the show start and end?
     
  14. Duratys

    Duratys Welcome to Detailing

  15. Calgarydetail

    Calgarydetail Getting to know Detailing

    good news and bad news.... we have the T-bird all registered, however 50 feet out of the shop it stalled and would not start.... the mechanic came over and said its because it has been sitting for so long and will be alittle trouble untill; it is driven more... so my folks (it bein there car) are on the fence about it driving for 1.5 hours without a mechanic... so i will be thre for sure. and im working on the car being there as well
     
  16. Nica

    Nica Banned

    Just get a trailer, that's all you need...if you can get your hands on one that is...tell Justin to leave his Vet and put the T-bird in there :whistle: just an idea :giggle: who wants to see a Vet any ways :scared: hahaha joking, joking :scared:
     
  17. Duratys

    Duratys Welcome to Detailing

    If you guys want to travel together theres a few of us meeting in Strathmore at the Husky just off the #1........were gonna try and all be there between 8:15-8:30.:gidiup:
     
  18. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

    Deep Gloss Auto Salon DB Pro Supporter

    Nice!!!!!!!!!!!
     
  19. Nica

    Nica Banned

    Oooh thanks for posting that looks like I should be able to make it, I've got a vehicle booked but it's only an interior..should be able to finish it up prior to the show :thumb:


    Oh if some of you are worried about how your going to identify us, Mike (Calgarydetail) will the one walking aroung with a tub of Vintage hahahahahahaha :lol2: :lol2:
     
  20. Divine Detail

    Divine Detail DB Pro Supporter

    I'll be elaving from techmotion in Calgary at 8am sharp, cruising up with a bunch of mustangs and various other vehicles. I'll have to see what way they want to take up, we may end up going north of calgary and taking a few backroads in. We shall see.:applause2:
     

Share This Page