Is Lusso Autobathe worth the price?

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by PDJ3.2, Oct 5, 2010.

1. PDJ3.2

PDJ3.2 Birth of a Detailer

Yeah, you're right. I just did the math out and it's a 17% discount; saving you $14.60. But it still seemed a little high, so I calculated out the discount between a gallon of DG901 and 16 oz of it, which is the same ratio of the 2 Lusso sizes and the savings came out to 43%
    However, I realize that the Lusso is a boutique shampoo and the Duragloss is not. So, I compared it to Pinnacle Bodywork Shampoo, which is also pricey, and the savings came out to 60%! Given that fact, I'm just wondering why the 64oz version of the Lusso isn't less expensive than it is.

2. Reflect

Reflect DB Forum Supporter

Maybe Phil could get you guys a group buy on the 64oz containers.

3. Danny

Danny Nuba Guru

How does this compare to CG Glossworkz?

4. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

glossworkz offers absolutely no lubricity what so ever...it's like washing a car with plain water...it has gloss magnifiers, so paintwork does looks very glossy...honestly, Lusso is a much better soap, IMO.

5. Reflect

Reflect DB Forum Supporter

Yeah I absolutely agree. I tried to make it work and it just doesn't work. I think I'm going to add it to other soaps as a gloss additive.

6. Emile

Emile Welcome to Detailing

I LOVE Glossworkz. 2oz for 3 gallons of water, works awesome.

7. Danny

Danny Nuba Guru

Really when I use my mitt glides over the paint very easily and I only use 1oz. per bucket. Man Lusso Autobath must be great.

8. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

maybe @ that dillution ratio it will work better...but will it be LSP friendly? CG suggests dilluting it 1 oz per 5 gallons of water, and the only soap that works well @ that ratio is Ultima...

How much water do you have in your bucket?

9. luke093

luke093 Welcome to Detailing

So it feels slick!? Last time I used it, I added to another wash and it helps with drying at the water sheets off a lot better. But I'm curious to trying to make it work with slickness.

10. Danny

Danny Nuba Guru

About 3.5 or 4 gallons but I also put 1 oz in my foam gun fill the tank then set it to the max and foam it down. So maybe that helps I know it doesn't suds crazily but it does make the surface slick. So technically I use 2 oz for each wash.

11. Emile

Glossworkz says paintwork cleanser on the bottle but it's not like their Citrus Wash LSP-stripping car washes. They just mean that it's a car wash soap. It's very LSP friendly and I have found that 1oz works just fine, but 2oz will get you more suds. At any rate, the suds are nothing to write home about, but very decent for a pH-neutral shampoo. I use Uber Wash Sponge with Glossworkz and the cleaning and slickness are solid. I love the gloss it leaves behind!

12. domino

domino Welcome to Detailing

wouldnt the cough "glossing agents" mess with the look of your wax?

13. kdude

kdude Jedi Nuba

Can anyone with experience with Optimum give me a fair comparison with the lusso ? The Optimum has been pretty good for me... should i try the Lusso next time ?

14. Danny

Danny Nuba Guru

I know I asked how CG Glossworkz compares to Lusso, what about MS Ultra Gloss. I am asking because I am looking to purchase either Lusso Autobathe or MS Ultra Gloss. I have been following both threads and am curious to which wash is better in lubricity, protecting your lsp, and gloss/shine affect.

15. kdude

kdude Jedi Nuba

What does the MS stand for Danny ?

16. froboy272

froboy272 Obsessive Detailer

Majestic Solutions

17. Danny

Danny Nuba Guru

Froboy272 got to your question before me :)

18. Emile

A lot of shampoos have glossing agents in them, sometimes they don't even tell you that they do. Yes, Glossworkz, like other gloss shampoos can change the look of your LSP but I don't mind. Glossworkz gives off a nice glow after the wash and provides some light protection as well. It's like washing and QDing in one step.

19. luke093

luke093 Welcome to Detailing

Except its not... At least in my opinion. After using a QD my LSP beads perfectly and the paintwork has very nice slickness. Glossworkz does 50% of the QD, it adds shine and gloss, but the surface has only the slickness of the LSP below, which after a wash is minimal.

Just sayin' not hatin' on Glossworkz just yet ;)

20. Danny

Danny Nuba Guru

Any comments to compare MS Ultra Gloss to Lusso Autobathe in my post #34.