Is it overkill to use CR Spotless water w/foam gun

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by bvhbmw, Dec 22, 2009.

Tags:
  1. RustyBumper

RustyBumper Jedi Nuba

On a side note, what do you guys use to measure your water hardness?

2. Twisted007

Twisted007 Banned

Take a sample to a pool place ask them to test they will give you all the results of water an what levels everything is.

3. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

You are very lucky guy then, because those resins are EXPENSIVE...

4. advs1

advs1 DB Forum Supporter

doesnt any one rent DI tanks? i rent a large tank, about 900 gallons before reaching 20ppm, for about 45-50 bucks every time i exchange it. its a lot cheaper than crc and i use my DI water for everything.

5. RustyBumper

RustyBumper Jedi Nuba

Please bear with the silly question, but how exactly does that work? Is the tank connected to a fixed connection/location, say your outside water line? What are you using to measure your water? Do you have a pic you could post?

6. advs1

advs1 DB Forum Supporter

were you directing your question at me post? sorry if you werent

7. RustyBumper

RustyBumper Jedi Nuba

Yes, I was.

8. advs1

advs1 DB Forum Supporter

the tank is about 4 ft tall and about 1 1/2 ft around, standard DI tank. i have my tank in the garage with QD set up to connect to my outside water hose. i used to have a shop and used it there also, pretty much the same way. when i am going to wash a car or fill my mobile tank, i just disconnect my lawn hose and connect my tank or i can also hook it up to my pressure washer. i'll try and get pics later, right now all i have is my cell phone for pics. i guess its like the crc system but on a larger scale. i bought an idiot light that signals when water purity drops below 20ppm, but i can usually tell just by drying a car that the tank needs to be replaced/exchanged