Is it overkill to use CR Spotless water w/foam gun

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by bvhbmw, Dec 22, 2009.

Tags:
  1. bvhbmw

bvhbmw Birth of a Detailer

I just got the CR Spotless water system. I was wondering is it overkill to use the deionized water with the foam gun or should I just use it for the final rinse? Same question for the water in the wash bucket. Thanks!

2. Twisted007

Twisted007 Banned

Hell no use the cr when ever you can all the time with hose foam gun pressure washer that way you never have water spots or hard water mineral stains spots again.

I use mine in the hottest days in the sun i wash all black cars let them dry an come back never any spots been using 3 yrs or so now best thing ever

3. trl2112

trl2112 Two Bucket System Washer

I would not use it for the foam gum. The suggested flow rate through CR will hamper the ability to make good foam. These are just my thoughts. That being said I use it for my entire wash hooked to a pressure washer. You can start to go through DI resin very fast depending on your water quality.

4. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

I'd use it for a good final rinse only...

5. Twisted007

Twisted007 Banned

I guess non of you know the purpose of the cr system i use it for everything lol.

this is meant to be used for everything wash, rinse an anything in between this is the one i have.

CRSpotless.com - Wash, Rinse, and Walk Away

6. Esienmann_M6

Esienmann_M6 Two Bucket System Washer

from experience with this unit for 2 years, you can't always trust it to produce spotless sun dry.
    For one it says there will be no spotting when the ppm is 0.09 well this last about 3-4 washes
    then I am again above 0.09, that and I am using a small filtration unit for the water before it
    enters the CR Spotless unit. my main purpose of using it is making sure there will be no
    hard water spots in not dried areas and run offs. and this is the way that everyone should think
    of if they wanna buy this system.

the reason I am saying this is because when I first purchased the unit I detailed the car
    to 99% perfection and a sealant was applied. after a wash and a sun dry weeks later, I found water marks that are almost invisible
    and they were PITA to get rid off.

7. JLs Detailing

JLs Detailing DB Pro Supporter

I'm with Twisted007 on this. I have been using the CR for almost 3 years now and I use it for everything from wheels, to engine bay to pre-rinse, to foam gun, to final rinse, to lube for my Bilt Hamber clay. Oh and I've also been using a foam gun for about as long and have never once had a problem producing foam using the CR.

I have to disagree with Eisenmann_M6 because how good your water is before the CR is what determines the resin's longevity. I get routinely 50-70 full washes (doing all the above not just final rinse) out of a set of resins. Also spot free rinse is acquired as long as you don't go above 20 ppm. Since my last resin change out I'm right at 40-45 washes and my TDS meter is reading 16 ppm. I've done black cars and let them air dry in July under the hot NC sun and no spots. This is one of the best detailing products I've ever purchased and highly recommend it.

8. supercharged

Hey, JL, what's your local water PPM? Mine is around 220, and that scares me...El Dorado Hills area is just under 40ppm...

9. JLs Detailing

Mine runs about 30-40 ppm so I have really good water.

10. Twisted007

Twisted007 Banned

Sorry was at the shop did not get to reply before jls detailing lol. i would also like to add that sometimes here we run more than 1 pressure washer at a time so what we did was put in a boost pump between the main water line an the cr to keep up with the water pressure an the demand from the pressure washers. which is the main reason for what this is for is to filter all the impurities from the water source hence the reason to use it for everything. it has saved so much time an money an wasted product i will never do without this an looking to get a second best water system i have ever used.

11. supercharged

that's why your CR Spotless lasts you that long...mine, like I said is 220...Full wash through CR Spotless will be very expensive...

12. Twisted007

Twisted007 Banned

I think you spend more time an money tring to correct an more money on products an pads to get the water spots off an the hard mineral stains out than to run the cr an buy resin in bags when needed. maybe you should up to the bigger size one, i go over 10,000 gals before i need to change an clean out the tube filter once a week takes a second to do an we do alot of washes here an saves a hugh amount of time an money. sorry but i don't care what anyone says i looked we have been using this cr for 3.5 yrs now not one problem an saves a ton can't live without.

13. Esienmann_M6

I guess it all depends on how bad the water in the area is, I do have the large unit by the way.
    I love it none the less if for anything the extra security with my black cars!

going back to the original poster question, I have used the CR with the foam gun in the past
    the foam seems to run off quicker on the car. that and I think it will be wiser to use it
    before the final rinse.

the other use for CR spotless is ONR washes in the buckets of water instead of regular water,
    guaranteeing no water spots especially with my new unit for ONR washes
    [​IMG]

14. Twisted007

Twisted007 Banned

15. Esienmann_M6

again results may vary, thats what I got with a foam gun!
    I am sure you know of the restriction on the "outline" of the unit to get a spotless wash right?
    why would you want to boost the inline then? I don't get it, then again in a mild manner we live and learn,
    educate me.

16. Twisted007

Twisted007 Banned

Go to the site read all the info. than start from the top of this post read all info. . there is no way if your foam worked before the cr an now don't work after the cr an both times you had a pressure washer hooked up you don't have enough pressure to give the demand the pressure washer needs to keep up. so you boost water pressure to keep up with demand an you be good.

17. bvhbmw

bvhbmw Birth of a Detailer

I am using a foam gun not a foam cannon (no pressure washer) so if the 4 gpm flow is enough to work the foam gun then I am okay.

I don't understand why a final rinse with DI water would not be sufficient to rid the car of minerals. Even if you washed the car in highly mineral content water, a good rinse should remove all these impurities from the surface, leaving no spots.

I don't think there's any harm in always using DI water, but I don't think it's a requirement.

18. JLs Detailing

Yeah I said I have very good water and I also get my resins for free so I use it for everything.

As far as just using it for final rinse and nothing else, what about when you are doing wheels and the water spray gets on your paint? If you are not drying the car everytime you get water on it and you have hard water wouldn't it leave a water spot when it dries? I just like to take all variables out of the equation for leaving water spots and using the DI water for everything alleviates the worry of having any. Oh and I forgot to say I'm using a foam cannon not foam gun and using a pressure washer on the discharge side of the CR. As far as foam sticking/clinging out of a foam gun, I don't think it matters what you use you don't really get foam with a foam gun.

19. Twisted007

Twisted007 Banned

I just like to have all ends covered so i use it for everything from start to finish but hey that's just me.

20. Esienmann_M6

makes sense, I personally always use it on my foam canon as the unit is hooked up only to the
    pressure washer 24/7.

bvhbmw
    I am not sure of your process, but it seems like you are using ur foam canon to prefoam/rinse and then foam gun for washing? you normally don't need to go that far.
    a foam canon to start with after the wheel cleaning. rinse "DI water" then 2 buckets method
    with a nice thick foam in either buckets "stick the pressure washer nozzle in the bucket" should do plus add some 2-3 oz ONR to all the buckets.