iPhone 5 perfect case thread....

Discussion in 'Detailing Bliss Lounge' started by dsms, Oct 7, 2012.

1. vtec92civic

vtec92civic Nuba Guru

No iPhone's for me but get a otterbox case.

2. dsms

dsms DB Forum Supporter

That might be awkward at SEMA if we're in the vicinity of one another and we both have our phones out lol

3. RaskyR1

RaskyR1 Jedi Nuba

Good thing I'm not going this year then. ;)

I decided that going to the NXTi class was more valuable than SEMA this year. Can't afford both as I have a Vacation to CO with the wife in Nov/Dec too. :(

4. Rocket01

Rocket01 Birth of a Detailer

I had the element case on my 4 and I liked it at first but I really prefer no case because it's lighter and thinner in my pocket.

When I get the 5 I think I'll just to with a film and maybe a cheaper snap on case that doesn't add much bulk

5. Borti

Borti Virgin Detailer

6. Hum-Benz

Hum-Benz Wax on..Wax off

I wound up buying the Spigen Neo EX bumper for mine as well as the ATC ultra thin clear case from Amazon.

7. ACE2790

ACE2790 Jedi Nuba

Those element cases are badass but I can justify sending $100+ on a phone case, I will definitely invest in a nice screen film.

8. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

The cases in this thread are some of the ugliest things I've ever seen... Completely ruins the entire design of the damn phone!

9. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

Picked up an Otter Defender for now. I need the protection for work. Have one of these from Killspencer coming for evening attire. :)

10. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

I have always liked the leather pockets. very nice, and very simple.

11. dblackn

dblackn Two Bucket System Washer

Has anyone found a screen protector that is crystal clean. Absolutely not distortion looks likes nothing is in the phone? I've had a few in the past that came with cases that were terrible. I just use cquartz lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Chaseme

Chaseme DB Forum Supporter

Nice bump...reminds me to update my progress and recommendation (see post #15).

So far, my skin is doing great, it hasn't lifted at all from the iPhone back.

--

As a side note, I just saw this bumper on Kickstarted today. It's a 'bumper' style case.

It's the same aluminum that the iP5 is made of.

[​IMG]

Backer price: $55

13. sydtoosic

sydtoosic Birth of a Detailer

i don't even use cases,,, i never drop my phone.

14. sikedsyko

sikedsyko DB Forum Supporter

I got one for Christmas and so far haven't found a case that I can be happy with, aside from the Element Cases for it, but they're A. not even out yet and B. Retarded expensive.

So far I'm going with the naked approach.

15. ACE2790

ACE2790 Jedi Nuba

Zaag invisishield. You won't be let down. I also want a composite element case but who know's when they'll release it and I hear they are kinda sketchy on shipping.

16. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

my buddy got a UAG case, i have one on my S3, very nice. and will protect it if it drops.

17. ACE2790

ACE2790 Jedi Nuba

I like the look of them but it seems they have a repeat issue with the case not fitting around the Power Button correctly on the iPhone 5's.

18. sikedsyko

sikedsyko DB Forum Supporter

19. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

20. ACE2790

ACE2790 Jedi Nuba