Ioncoat Naviwax Review

Discussion in 'Last Steps: Waxes, Sealants, and Coatings' started by domino, Oct 3, 2010.

1. CU2MIKE

CU2MIKE Guest

I can't wait 'til I get my hands on one.
    My buddy is in Japan right now, and he said he'll try to find me the "naviwax ultimate".

2. GDAL

GDAL Guest

Not to hijack the thread Domino, but I got my sample pots today. Pretty large pots for being samples.

Can't wait to try them out. I might be a while ... it's freakin' cold and I'm moving to a new place soon.

[​IMG]

3. rwisejr

rwisejr DB Forum Supporter

I have the same ones on the way to me now !!! Yeah its definitly going to be awhile as it is totally way to cold. But may have a window on sunday . If they get here before then

4. domino

domino Welcome to Detailing

ok it's still raining and very humid/hot here and the top panels are still beading like a champ

but the bug is really biting now and i want to try my other colour charged wax autobrite blackmagic and compare it to crystal noir. I'll be one step correcting the paint with 106FF over the holidays, so it's a good opportunity for me to test it out. Will most likely use JW Prime carnauba to prep the paint, and see if it's strong enough to remove the water spots. I used to get good results from Polylack NanoClean years ago when paint cleaning my 350Z during winter, and afaik the Prime is also based on the same basic Klasse AIO formula

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. kdude

kdude Jedi Nuba

I finally received my order of NaviWax and had a chance to use it on a new Honda CRV 2010 Metallic Silver.

WOW! I was blown away! Dominos review was spot on. I bought the wax because of his review and was amazed by the wax. Easy on and off and the paint looks and feels amazing. Im no expert but this product blows Ora and Fusion away ... Thx Domino!

6. Nick.944

Nick.944 Birth of a Detailer

I see the "ultimate" version is on uk ebay now but dose anyone know if its going to be as good or exceed results from the dark/light specific versions?

7. domino

it has a higher carnauba content, so it probably will

i prefer not to double up on same brand/waxes so id rather spend the money on their spray wax/qd

8. kdude

kdude Jedi Nuba

and just to add to your enquiry is the Ultimate going to be good for Dark and Light coloured paint ?

I used the Naviwax dark today on a 2010 Mercedes "white" paint and it looked ok, but not as good as on a dark coloured colour... this observation was confirmed by a fellow member .....

9. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

JDM wax......... Might have to try it out, wonder how it will look on a WRB Sti and dark grey Evo MR.

10. Kilo6_one

Just ordered it LOL...... Im always looking for products to enhance the WRB color... the p21S did a awesome job, but Im excited to try something new

11. Nick.944

Nick.944 Birth of a Detailer

Ah thanks! After talking with Nokiemon I decided to go with the "light" version for my silver Lexus I will post my findings when it arrives. For anyone considering picking up "ultimate" that is made for either colors here its is I would be interested in the results.

IONCOAT NAVIWAX (ULTIMATE) on eBay (end time 01-Feb-11 19:39:35 GMT)

12. Kilo6_one

Post up pics..... Id like to see how it turns out on the silver.

13. Nokiemon

Nokiemon Virgin Detailer

Hi Eveyone.

Just an FYI. Still working with our wonderful government to get this stuff VOC certified so it can be sold as a VOC approved product here in the states. Hopefully the testing will be complete in the very near future. I hope everyone who has tried this product is having good results.

Stay tuned..........

14. kdude

kdude Jedi Nuba

On a 2010 Honda CRV metallic silver the dark Naviwax almost blinded me. it completly blew away fusion and ora under the exact conditions.

of course i dont see to well anymore! :)

15. domino

my M3 is a similar blue and both e-zyme and vic red looked great on it

here is vic red in full sun..... blew my away how deep and rich the blue looked, especially compared to concorso i was using prior

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. oldcracker

oldcracker Jedi Nuba

how did you apply vic red?

17. Kilo6_one

Love the depth. Work wheels! My favorite. I have not really thought much about using swissvax, I think there are some wonderfull products that can be had at a fraction of the cost. I'd love to get some Vic Wax one day.

18. domino

i have the small pot, i just swipe a 4" LC gold concours pad across the top and apply with my polishing pal.....same as i do with most paste waxes - unless i can tap the whole wax out of the jar and rub across a 6.5" LC gold concours via DA

these are the pads i use for applying waxes, i cant find them anywhere else but this UK store

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/polis...gold-6-5-inch-flat-concours-pad/prod_631.html
    http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/polis...ake-country-4-gold-concours-pad/prod_647.html

vic waxes would have to be the softest and easiest to spread paste waxes i have, even straight out of the fridge it melts instantly under the finger/pad

19. CU2MIKE

CU2MIKE Guest

+1, and I love soft waxes, it was extremely pleasant for me to apply and remove Vic's.
    1 swipe at the jar and I was able to do half the hood/fender/and side view mirror.

20. oldcracker

oldcracker Jedi Nuba

do you know how the ccs gold are compared to the flat gold?

like these ones
    Lake Country CCS 4" Hi-Gloss Foam Pads