Ioncoat Naviwax Review

Discussion in 'Last Steps: Waxes, Sealants, and Coatings' started by domino, Oct 3, 2010.

1. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

There is Chris in the UK that sells 50g samples of each for around 12gbp shipped. He is on dw that sells samples, great to deal with.

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk

2. Nokiemon

Nokiemon Virgin Detailer

Chris is a good guy and does 30ml samples of both Light and Dark Naviwax for sale. His website is carproductstested.com. Let him know you were referred by Nokiemon in No. CA and he will take car of you.

We have worked together on a number of projects and he carries good stuff and ships quickly, but be forewarned that shipping to the US from the UK can sometimes be sticker-shock.

We should have the Naviwax distribution details finalized for the US by mid-December or so. Working through the wonderful Fed regs right now to make sure it is fully compliant. Stay tuned......

3. domino

domino Welcome to Detailing

the samples are on ebay too now through the same vendor, though you dont get the sponge app afaik - a regular damp foam app would probably work just as well, but i think itll be harder to ring out old/dried product after every panel. The sponge they give you has open pores, and i think that's the key to an easier app

im trying to source the liquid spray wax atm

4. mx22

mx22 Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Great review! In your opinion, how does it compare to Adams Americana and/or Pinnacle Souveran?

Thanks!

5. MelF1fan

MelF1fan Birth of a Detailer

I love Ioncaot Naviwax! After getting the urge to try something new and browsing around different forums, the Naviwax caught my eye and got it from ebay / vendor in UK last april.

I have to agree with domino, it's defintely the shiznit. It's a different kind of wax. More chemically advanced if i can say so and very durable type not dissimilar to Collinite. However the end results are suprisingly good. In my opinion better than any of my traditional carnauba waxes lookswise - zymol, swissvax and way better protection like the collinites. Especially given the price and the size of the tin. Application is also foolproof. Wet and squeeze out excess water from the supplied sponge and just wipe on in straight lines and then buff off immediately after. It's slickness and beading are among the very best i've seen.

I haven't mentioned it much as it's not generally available in the US and hopefully when it is, i'll be picking up more. Curious to see how their Ultra wax is reviewed or whatever their higher end wax is called and if better then wow, i need that one too haha.

I'll still continue to use my other waxes, after all i paid good $$ for them but may think twice about replacing them when they are used up. Well i do love my Victoria wax tho.

6. domino

+1 on Victoria wax

my top 3 has Vic Red at number 2

and i think you hit the nail on the head with the chemically advanced comment. It does give that impression with the chemical smell and application process

im thinking about trying their 'ultimate wax' but is it an ioncoat product? or is it something nubawax have sourced elsewhere? The only reason is, the packaging is completely different in terms of japanese graphics compared to the naviwax and spray wax

7. domino

i dont have americana, and everytime ive gotten ready to top this naviwax with souveran i keep getting blown away with how well this naviwax is holding onto it's looks i just finish drying and call it a day

8. MelF1fan

Well looking at the UK distributor's website, it uses the IONCOAT name - 'IONCOAT NAVIWAX ULTIMATE' - so i would say it is of the same tech but more advanced or concentrated?? So hopefully it is the goods.

The other products look like they have potential like the detail spray / liquid wax and the windscreen rain shield. I would love to get more of the sponges too.

9. domino

yeh i want some sponges too

i rekon those sponges damp will make applying hard waxes like the 476s and 1000p so much easier

10. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

Great video's Sam. Thanks. Something else to get.

11. domino

im going to take some better vids holding the iphone the right way around over the weekend - week 9

ive left the car 2 weeks through some heavy rain/high humidity which has been baking those water spots on the paint

12. domino

ok we're onto week 9 now

i hadnt washed the car since the vids at week 7. It went through 2 weeks of rain and very humid days. There was quite alot of visible water etching on the surface, so i didnt have high hopes

[​IMG]

car was pre-rinsed with DP-Xtreme and washed with Lusso Autobathe. There is still plenty of beads on the top panels but they aren't as tight or uniform anymore

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

the side panels aren't sheeting or beading well...i think it's about done here

[​IMG]

while drying/running a wet MF over the paint, my fears were realised and there was some water spots etched on the paint. I later followed up with Clearkote's QD and it did clean up about half of them, but there are still quite a few water etchings, especially on the bonnet. They aren't bad enough to show up in my iphone pics, but they can be seen by the naked eye

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

taking a step back after drying that finish still looks amazing, as good as it did on day 1, there is still plenty of depth and gloss

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

so given the water spots, im calling this at 9 weeks. Wow, this wax has definitelty suprised and impressed me, especially for one coat WOWO app. The durability is the best ive seen from any wax, in fact no sealant ive used so far has resisted water spotting for this long. And the fact it's held onto its looks this long is amazing

looking forward to trying their ultimate wax now....once i correct that water etching

13. PDJ3.2

PDJ3.2 Birth of a Detailer

Do lsp's not last as long in Australia? You're saying that this wax going 9 weeks is the best you've seen but so many people on these forums will say that they've had "wax y" or "wax Z" go 4 or 5 months. I'm very interested in the naviwax, i almost ordered the naviwax light yesterday for my car because it's anthracite metallic (gray) but I stopped myself because I didn't want to buy another wax on impulse. I want to make sure it's the real deal before I get it, not just some exciting new wax

14. GDAL

GDAL Guest

I should be getting my samples early next week. I'll try to do a review soon. Been extremely busy lately.

15. PDJ3.2

That would be great. It'd be helpful to hear from as many people's experiences with it as possible

16. MelF1fan

The thing that put it over the top for me was the stoopid ease of application. Damp applicator, light swipe of the wax in the can, wipe on, then wipe off right away. Don't wait for a haze to set up. Buffs off easy as anything.

17. PDJ3.2

Do you just dampen the applicator before you get started or do you continuously dampen it with every panel? Also, is it easier to use than Lusso Oro because I've never had an lsp wipe off so effortlessly

18. domino

there is still protection on the paint as it's still beading, but as soon as i start seeing water spots that's my que try a different LSP

but yes, there's a massive hole in the ozone layer and most of the year it's sitting directly over our heads, more so in the southern most areas where i am since it moves up from antarctica - one of the main reasons Aussies have the highest rate of skin cancer. So when the sun comes out after it rains, it etches water spots in the clear coat very quickly

PDJ, re app, have a read of my OP

19. PDJ3.2

I read the OP before, I just hadn't heard of a wax needing the applicator rinsed and wrung out with each panel so I wasn't sure if I read it right.

If this does that well in the conditions you live in, then it must hold up even better where I live. Would you say that the Naviwax performs at least as well as 845 IW but with better looks?

20. Dubbin1

Dubbin1 Jedi Nuba

Great review!!! I'll have to look into finding a sample.