Introducing'Paul Dalton's Crystal Rock Wax'

Discussion in 'Last Steps: Waxes, Sealants, and Coatings' started by detailersdomain, Feb 8, 2008.

1. Shea Luxury

Shea Luxury Any Rag Vehicle Washer

^^^^Yeah what he said.:applause2::applause2::applause2:

Can get a room for you at the beautiful Ihilani hotel in Ko Olina. Same hotel all the NFL Pro Bowl players stayed at.

Not to mention all the hot, tanned, exotic women! Perfect for a reflection shot!

2. matrix_808

matrix_808 DB Supporter

HOOO that sounds NICEEEEE.

Just make sure you come to Oahu

3. Paul Dalton aka Miracle

Paul Dalton aka Miracle DB Pro Supporter

Sounds perfect!!! :elefant:

4. Optix

Optix Guest

what ingredients in this warrant that price tag other than the container? I'm a curious possible customer.

5. Optix

Optix Guest

you're very correct. These inflated carnauba %'s are Carnauba vs total WAX content.

I.e. Carnauba, Beeswax, Montan, Candellila etc

6. Optix

Optix Guest

I guess my real question is. What makes this nearly $20,000?

I know of the paste wax creation methods. I know the cost of raw #1 yellow carnauba, and what processes it goes through to become a white carnauba (which does not exist naturally). Typical/experience chemists billing rates per hour, and r/d time for a typical product. Cost of oils, and solvents.

Not saying it isn't worth it, because I'm sure it looks absolutely stunning, but I'm beginning to wonder if 90% of it's cost is in that beautiful swarvorski crystal container.

Carnauba content is nice, but carnauba as itself is not that great of an ingredient. It's the carrier/spreading oils in the product is what gives off the beautiful finish. All the carnauba and other waxes do is offer a near perfect optical seal over these oils so they do not wash away as soon as water hits, and offers beading, sheeting etc. As well as external protection from bird droppings, road grime, tree sap etc.

7. Optix

Optix Guest

Sorry to spam, I'm a serious consumer, and waxes such as this interest me to the highest degree, but I need to know the ins and outs of a product like this, not to just buy it due to its name

8. tdekany

tdekany Wax on..Wax off

You are right.

The actual jar that consumers can purchase will cost around $2000.

9. Optix

Optix Guest

then I'm guessing like the other high end waxes, the rest is all mark up, marketing cost recooperation, r/d times, etc etc.

Kudos to him, I hope to sells really well for him, I mean no one goes into business to lose money or break even. Most of these high end wax makers could sell their $1000+ products for $200 and still make a killing in the market, they would probably make more money due to a wider customer base.

10. Optix

Optix Guest

No its very abundant. These higher end waxes go through different processes for their creation, than say youre lower end commercial waxes. They also use natural ingredients vs petrochemicals. Not a huge cost difference, 90% is marketing.

11. Shea Luxury

Shea Luxury Any Rag Vehicle Washer

I think Paul mentioned that the $20,000 tub was made personally for him and he put a price on it if someone were to ask. The actual production line will be in the SV black plastic tubs. Correct me if I'm wrong.:spank:

12. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

13. Optix

Optix Guest

that clears up a lot

14. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

Deep Gloss Auto Salon DB Pro Supporter

Correct and I beleive the SV pot will cost somewhere around $500 if I am not mistaken

Optix: care to explain how you know so much about the minutia of waxes?

15. Optix

Optix Guest

whether its modifying cars, detailing products, televisions, home theatre etc. If I get myself involved in it, I'm ocd, and research everything.

Whether if one company uses sunflower oil as a gloss agent, or another likes to use vanilla bean or macdemia nut oil, I like to read up on how that makes a difference , and be able to understand it.

16. FMINUS

FMINUS DB Pro Supporter

I like goats :)

17. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

Deep Gloss Auto Salon DB Pro Supporter

I can understand and respect when someone likes to know the details of a subject and I find that your comments in blue could support your "inquisitive" nature. Your comments in orange do not seem like that of one who simply wants to "understand" but that of a person in the business of wax making

I can relate since I always like to know as much as I can on a product before I use it or reccommend it

:angel:

18. Optix

Optix Guest

what can I say... I'm just a smart guy :D

19. DieselMDX

DieselMDX Obsessive Detailer

i would like to see more pics!

20. RussECU

RussECU DB Forum Supporter

:whistle::fs: