Introducing the Uber Flat Foam Buffing Pads

Discussion in 'Detailers Domain' started by detailersdomain, Jan 5, 2009.

1. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

I don't know to be honest with you which are the 2 actual foam mfg.

but the rest of them like LC, AMERICAN BUFFING, EDGE, BUFF and SHINE are all companies that cut, apply glue to velcro, package etc they add the value add to them, waffles, ccs, double sided style.

2. detailersdomain

3. Woob

Woob Jedi Nuba

Ditto, most just buy the long rolls/sheets of foam and assemble in certain particular ways. LC and American Buffing get good accolades. May I ask who assembles these custom pads for you? Are the open core?

4. detailersdomain

orange is closed and the rest are open.

5. Bernhard

Bernhard Birth of a Detailer

I got some of these pads from Pirex and I love them.. I used them last week on a black 2006 Audi A8, and I used orange pad with Scholl S03+ and Menzerna 106FF with the green pad.. WOW... My favourite pads now..

6. detailersdomain

that's great I'm glad you like them!

we will be introducing a new cutting pad shortly....7-10 days.

7. Darkstar752

Darkstar752 Horizon Detailing

Really? Is this in place of the orange?

8. detailersdomain

nope its a compound/cutting pad... its above orange.

9. Darkstar752

Good to know, I'll definitely pick them up in the next order. How's the stiffness compared to the orange?

10. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

I do like the pads, I have one of the polish ones. What confused me for a bit was that the LC white that i always use is 70 PPI, but your polish pad is 60 PPI which from things I have seen is more like orange LC pad. Oh the confusion.....but I have used the blue ones. I only have one of each, and will be getting more soon!

I have many white CCS ones from a sale from another site and realize I do not like CCS but rather have the flat faced ones that you have Phil.

11. Rooster_Cogburn

Rooster_Cogburn Virgin Detailer

I came to the same conclusion. Phil's green pads are just so awesome - I'll be ordering up on the rest of the colors as soon as my existing stock of CCS pads runs down...my dog already ate 2 of them :woo:

12. Darkstar752

The green pads are just perfect. Very good cut, but awesome finishing ability.

Phil, how is the stiffness of the cutting pad compared to the orange?

13. Erik Mejia

Erik Mejia Obsessive Detailer

Ooooh! I'm excited... any hints Phil?

14. dsms

dsms DB Forum Supporter

Just finished down porsche with the black DD uber pad (glazing pad) and it works beautifully, def my favorite pad out of the lineup:applause2:

15. detailersdomain

no hints we have a yellow pad coming out shortly its softer than the orange and has more cutting abilities.

it works amazing and will fill any voids that we once had.

16. pirex

pirex DB Certified Dealer

I need them! Used orange + schol s03+ on a audi, what a combination. LOVE IT

17. detailersdomain

our first cases were delayed we should have some later this week I believe.

18. DaveS4

DaveS4 Jedi Nuba

Excellente! :mounty: