Interest in Smaller BP for flex

Discussion in 'Tools - Machine Polishers, Pressure Washers, Detai' started by Dust2Glory, Nov 19, 2008.

1. BJsBuds

BJsBuds Guest

Any update on this?

2. Dust2Glory

Dust2Glory Nuba Guru

OK, so here's an update. I talked with my guy and he heard from Eric at LC that something was in the works... but no time frame. I say it's time for another round of emails?!?

3. BJsBuds

BJsBuds Guest

I received an email from Eric yesterday, and he said it's in the works, but nothing will be out for a couple of months. Probably wouldn't hurt just to let him know you are still interested.

4. Drsuce

Drsuce Any Rag Vehicle Washer

sounds like a good plan, small pads are great :)

5. Brian N

Brian N Jedi Nuba

Seriously they need to come out with this. I can't fit my flex in my license plate area at all!! Sure I can hand polish but still... lol.

6. Spyral

Spyral DB Forum Supporter

I would be in for one.

7. BJsBuds

BJsBuds Guest

I am guessing you gave up on Eric at LC, since I see you sold your Flex? Wish I would have known you were considering selling yours, I just ordered one today, and can only hope that LC will come up with a smaller BP. In the meantime I'll keep my PC.

8. albeee

albeee Virgin Detailer

is this still on? i would really like one

9. RustyBumper

RustyBumper Jedi Nuba

I spoke with someone at Lake Country a few weeks ago, after stumbling across this post and they said that it was something they were looking at but production was no where in the near future. He said maybe this coming spring or next summer.

10. BJsBuds

BJsBuds Guest

That's very disappointing since I just bought a Flex.

11. Dust2Glory

Dust2Glory Nuba Guru

Wow I have forgotten all about this post! BJ I still have a flex, just sold an extra one.

12. Erik Mejia

Erik Mejia Obsessive Detailer

I still want one.

13. rwisejr

rwisejr DB Forum Supporter

I would love to have one of these !!! As well

14. memnuts

memnuts Any Rag Vehicle Washer

I too would be interested in a smaller bp for the flex. I personally have a bunch of 4" pads. I don't think the smaller pads will correct all that well since the flex works like a rotary where the bigger the pad the higher the tangential velocity of the edge of the pad hence more heat and correction.

15. feslope

feslope Virgin Detailer

I am interested in smaller bp also. Lots of 4" pads (I have) I would like to use with my Flex.

16. slimmn

slimmn Virgin Detailer

Count me in too. I'm currently using the PC with the smaller BP for touchups.....it's not in the same league as the Flex, but it'll do for now.

17. Rcrew

Rcrew Wax on..Wax off

Its been 1 year since the last post on this topic- anybody have any news regarding production of a smaller BP for flex 3401 DA?

18. Kaban

Kaban Welcome to Detailing

I'd definitely buy a 4" backing plate!

19. Stokdgs

Stokdgs Detail Master

I would also like to purchase a 4" and 5" Backing Plate for the Flex 3401/VRG !!!!!!!!!
    Dan F

20. Trents_goat5.7

Trents_goat5.7 Jedi Nuba

Add me to that list as well.