Ink on leather seats, need advise!

Discussion in 'Interior Car Care' started by eacmonroe, Jun 22, 2013.

1. eacmonroe

eacmonroe Virgin Detailer

Hey guys, i have a client that brought me her 2012 Durango Citadel with tan leather seats. Her kid wrote her name in pen on the rear of the leather seat. I have tried just about everything i can think of to remove this: Steam (VX5000), APC, IPA, Solvent based Cleaner, Citrus Cleaner, NOTHING has even made a dent. Wondering if anyone can recommend a product before i get my leather repair company to fix the seat. Pen has been on the seat for 2+ weeks FYI

Thanks!!!!!

facebook.com/eacmonroe

2. Stokdgs

Stokdgs Detail Master

Leather Masters and Spinneybeck make a cleaner designed to remove ink from leather.
    As with anything stronger, you need to be really careful with it.

I have seen ink come out with Zaino Leather Cleaner, but again, we dont know what kind of ink you are talking about... ball point, magic marker, permanent marker... etc...

Do you have any Einszett Deep Plastic Cleaner ? This product sometimes will get things out of some leather safely...

Good luck !
    Dan F

3. Legacy99

Legacy99 Wax on..Wax off

Have you tried Magic Eraser? It's pretty aggressive, but since your going to get a leather repair person anyway.. nothing to lose.

4. David Fermani

David Fermani DB Certified Manufacturer

5. junebug

junebug Jedi Nuba

Jeez - hair spray, I can't believe ya'll have never heard of this. Spray, wipe, done - amazing and if the wife/girl friend doesn't have any, just get a can at wally mart, cheap and easy!