I'm thinking 'bout picking these up

Discussion in 'Tools - Machine Polishers, Pressure Washers, Detai' started by CU2MIKE, Jan 16, 2011.

1. kyoshiro

kyoshiro DB Forum Supporter

yea i have a few I got from Troy @ autoobsessed and love em thus I had to add them to the order like an addict but the yellow ones are exactly the same thing. Im uploading a video of my absorbency experiment to youtube now. Coming soon (tm)

My reaction to this is simply wow, their site have so many descriptions for the same thing and in the end, its only if you're lucky that u pick out the one thats the cheapest.

2. Marc08EX

Marc08EX Jedi Nuba

Thanks for the tip! I'm probably going to pick up the gold 12 pack from CG soon.

Please post the videos when they're reading! I'm curious to see the differences in absorbency.

3. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

the 12 pack is a really good deal, i think they are 280 or 300 GSM IIRC, great for QD and other WOWO products.

4. kyoshiro

5. Socal Brian

Socal Brian DB Forum Supporter

Kyoshiro thanks for the video review! What accent? Looks like the gold towels are the way to go.

6. kyoshiro

np, i just always feel i have an accent of some sort lol

7. Socal Brian

kyoshiro I know you just bought the yellow towels from costco and I have those too but I was just looking on Amazon and was wondering how these compare to the yellow Eurow yellow 16x16 350 GSM 36pack for $21.17 that's .59 cents per towel

8. Kilo6_one

Yellow is the way to go.... all things being equal. LOL.

FYI, the blue ones bled really bad in the washing machine machine the first time I washed them LOL. SO that is why I ways pre wash my towels before deploying them onto someones car. Probably a non important factor, but it bothered me none the less.

9. kyoshiro

the costco ones are like 16bucks for 24, which might also be actually different from the ones you guys get in US, its 12 blue 12 yellow. These mf towels are absolutely rubbish as intended and i would only use em on rims/interior and throw away after theyre soiled.

its short napped and quite thin. Doesnt have much elasticity when u pull it

possible reason is that it has some wierd fiber mix of polymide and polyester instead of pure polymide like other MFs
    so yeah i'd say go for the amazon ones AND get that 10 bucks for 20 amazon gc so you'll be at 11.17. Ill try its absorbency sometime on friday if you want.

10. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

Most MFs are 70/30 or 75/25, or 80/20....wont ever fine pure polymide as it would not be a very good mf at all.

11. kyoshiro

as in this towel has like 92% of some bi-consituent fiber of which only 24% of that is polymide
    which makes it like.... i duno 22% polymide which is like mixed up and mixed up

12. Socal Brian

The Costco towels I have were 36pack Ultra-Soft Microfiber Auto Cloths
    item # 188426 and all 36 towels are yellow in color

13. kyoshiro

yeah we got different ones in canada so i cant comment on em sorry

14. Socal Brian

and this towel is 80% Polyester and 20% Polyamide

15. Socal Brian

the Eurow 16x16 yellow looks similar from what I can tell from the Amazon.com website but was curious maybe someone else may know if the Eurow is superior .

16. kyoshiro

that is exactly the same as the uber all purpose MFs (in content)
    so it'll prob work but it may not exactly last a dozen washes.

17. Socal Brian

they're cheapo's so no worry LOL. But I do need to buy some nice towels for the paintwork surfaces. Haven't decided yet but maybe Pakshak and maybe some of the gold CG towels you tested.

18. Kilo6_one

check the links I posted. 530 GSM and 360 GSM towels from MFtech. Pakshak is overpriced.

19. Legacy99

Legacy99 Wax on..Wax off

Just because they are 530 or 360 doesn't make them good mfs. Look what happened to AG's Shamrocks.

20. mrgolfrider

mrgolfrider DB Forum Supporter

Any update to purchases from Microfibertech?

Last year the big deal was stocktowelsnow, but it seems that they have jacked up the prices quite a bit.