I'm thinking 'bout picking these up

Discussion in 'Tools - Machine Polishers, Pressure Washers, Detai' started by CU2MIKE, Jan 16, 2011.

1. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

usps you should not be taxed...usps should only of been 25 or something for shipping to CAN.

2. kyoshiro

kyoshiro DB Forum Supporter

should be around 30~40 bucks with like 18 towels with priority unless they used EMS and also protecting themselves from me possibly denying to pay taxes. But I dont know, we'll see when I get it.
    And it is possible to still get taxed via USPS, just not duties most of the time. I got taxed twice from Phil =p and since CAD is higher than USD now, they might do it more frequently now.
    im applying for the census2011 canadian job for march for extra cash flow

3. kyoshiro

and correction , they decided to stick with fedex, bastards dont like paying for cheaper shipping option even tho i asked for USPS :(

4. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

I forget you fellas are from Can.

5. Legacy99

Legacy99 Wax on..Wax off

Pakshak will ship to Canada via USPS.

6. kyoshiro

oic, maybe ill try some mf from them next time, but yeah the guy from CG on the phone said they chose USPS but they went with fedex and they said it was already the cheapest option. duno whats going on there lol
    but anyhow...
    Shipment Dates
    Ship date Jan 18, 2011
    Estimated delivery Jan 19, 2011 by 12:00 PM
    that quick

7. Legacy99

Legacy99 Wax on..Wax off

Yeah, but your paying for that quick ship.:thud:

8. kyoshiro

yeah prob could of saved 1/2 of the shipping cost by going usps and take 2 weeks (which is fine by me)
    ah well, im just glad i didnt order 30 towels as i first had in cart lol

9. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

10. CU2MIKE

CU2MIKE Guest

I shipped Banana Armour to JoeyV in QC via USPS 1st class mail for less than 6 bucks. He got it in a week.....

11. jjl

jjl Birth of a Detailer

What towels did you pick up from CG? Pakshak shipping is about $11 for the small box that fits a dozen towels.

12. kyoshiro

the 12pack kilo linked, 3 monsters.3 fluffers and a pad scrub.
    and that was 50 bucks in shipping and 49 bucks in products LOL
    but yeah it was a test of CG's shipping and stuff, the 19.99 in their system is a lie.
    I shall give updates when i get it in tmr, i still dont know if i'll get charged tax n stuff.

13. AutoObsessed

AutoObsessed Dealers

One of the biggest dings we get in Canada is the duties on MF's as they are made in Korea or China, you can expect close to 20% in duties alone. Brokerage will depend on what shipping company was used, and Canadian taxes cannot be avoided once the package reaches customs.

We get hosed!

14. kyoshiro

yeah and CG's own prices are so hostile towards retailers who carry their products. This will prob be the first and last time that i will order from CG directly but its worth trying out so our other Canadian brothers knows the "real" cost and will go to the better channels.
    I was about to tell em to cancel my order when they called me to say "sorry our shipping cost is way below cost" but they told me it was via USPS when i asked so I just let it go but noooooo they give me fedex.

Coincidently, i wasn't gonna order anything until I saw this thread, and then ankeet started messaging me then it went hoho $$$
    DB forums makes me bleed every month one way or another LOL

btw ya got around to opening up some polishers for me? =p

and after a bit of calculations.......
    coincidently, i would of had less hassle just buying from you in the end with all this extra $$$ im dishing out for shipping and potential tax+duties... Im a failure at mathematics.

15. AutoObsessed

AutoObsessed Dealers

Well you will have to wait and see what the totals are, and it is unfortunate that we Canadians get hit so hard with all the little fees.

eg. even with the dollar on par, we will see the following added;

- Visa / MC will add ~3% for exchange fees
    - Shipping fees, these are relatively reasonable from the USA
    - Duties, no duties for any products made in the USA, Mexico. Germany, China, Korea, Switzerland, etc. all have duty fees with some as high as 20%
    - Brokerage, depends on shipping company could be $5 or $40+
    - Canadian Taxes, GST or HST unavoidable.

Hurts my head :yikes:

FYI pictures were just sent

16. CU2MIKE

CU2MIKE Guest

If I ship things out to you guys and mark it as "gift", do you guys still get charged for duty and tax?
    I hope JoeyV didn't have to pay them when I shipped the Banana Armour to him.....

17. kyoshiro

it depends if it gets chosen for customs (im sure they dont go through all of em) and if the person processing is feeling nice or not.
    technically gifts "shouldnt" be taxed but they'll still tax you if the amount its worth is like big $$$ and if they need money for their monthly budget.
    Out of 6 or so times I've gotten stuff from Phil, i've been taxed twice, once on my first order with the PC, 2nd time with the SV Shield (in a legendary big box).
    Now i've ordered more expensive wax from Phil with towels and stuff and didnt get taxed at all. (also all this is with USPS Priority Mail)

With USPS First class, i've gotten Dodojuices from Justin and never got taxed but also untrackable once it reaches into Canada (also dont need signature and can be left infront of your place by default)

So its more of luck more so than the value of the items. But DD tape might give away to the officers that its not a gift lol.

Now if you go with UPS, they'll rip you royally with twice the value of the goods as duties.
    Fedex... potentially duties as well. If they demand duties, i'll tell em i've paid more than enough to CG and tell em to get it from them.

But i'm pretty sure joey didnt have to pay the taxes especially with just a tub of wax that probably doesnt exceed the allowance for going into Canada for goods ($50 dollars within 24hrs) when you're at customs.

18. CU2MIKE

CU2MIKE Guest

Ouch, sounds like you can get screwed with all of them.
    USPS sounds like the safest of them all though, lol.
    I'm pretty sure if I shipped towels over that's worth $25USD you won't get taxed. Seeing the allowance is $50, lol.

19. kyoshiro

Fedex just dropped off my CG Package ( which seems to have been shipped out from "Professional car Care Products" which is AG?) and also my Bluray from Bandai America hoho
    Didnt charge me anything extra so heres a break down of the towels:

1 of : FLUFFER MIRACLE SUPRA MICROFIBER TOWEL 24" x16" BLUE W/ BANDED MICROFIBER EDGES (3 Pack)
    $9.89 3.26 per towel
    1 of : MICROFIBER SUPER TOWEL SILK BANDED PREMIUM 16"x 16" PROFESSIONAL GRADE MICROFIBER TOWEL (12 PACK)
    $18.85 1.57 per towel
    1 of : MONSTER MICROFIBER EXTREME THICKNESS Microfiber Towel W/Black Silk Edges [16x16] (3 Pack)
    $9.99 3.33 per towel

Now all these towels are actually the same damn thing from the feel to the nap, just different color (and the 3.26 being bigger than the 3.33) and 1.57 being yellow, opposed to blue on the 3.26 and 3.33 and 3.26 with the red band

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

My advice, buy the 12 pack if you're buying any of these towels cuz theyre the same thing as the 3 packs.
    Also the cost of these per towels were doubled by shipping, so take note.
    Fedex thankfully didnt ask me for tax or duties, adjust 20% + 12% potential for Canadian brothers.

So would I order from CG again? probably not until they offer USPS and have their site to work out the cost of shipping correctly. I really hate it when I have to pay more for shipping than the products itself (I like to pay sticker price).

I will do a soak test on the 2 16x16s to make sure they are the same thing.

20. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

You will love those dark blue banded MF towels, i have them and use them on my personal car.