I want this car!

Discussion in 'Detailing Bliss Lounge' started by Sparkie, Feb 25, 2008.

1. Sparkie

Sparkie Wax on..Wax off

2. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

That man has a fantastic collection of vehicles!

3. Tonya

Tonya Welcome to Detailing

:druling: Loved it!

4. richy

richy Guest

I sold Jay my 1970 Lamborghini Miura S which was red in colour with a black leather interior. It had 12,000 original miles. That was in 1988. I don't know if he still has it or not. Here's a video of a 69 S model that he has too:
    Jay Leno's Garage
    Unfortunately, I don't have any electronic pics of the car..just old ones. I owned it for 3.5 years and sold it to get married and buy a house. Still married 18 years later. Seeing the video and hearing the car sure brought back memories.
    Here's a pic of the LAMBO 1 plate I had on it and following that is a pic of when I had it entered at the meadowbrook concours d'elegance:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Nica

Nica Banned

Nice richy and a very smart move selling the vehilce if you ask me, nothing beats family..nothing :canada:

6. klumzypinoy

klumzypinoy Nuba Guru

Wow you sold your car to Jay Leno :D that's cool. I agree with Carlos, family first!!

7. tod071

tod071 Birth of a Detailer

Did anyone watch the show? I thought it was a pretty good show, and I had a feeling Michael Knight was going to show up at the end.

I'd like to know if they're going to bring back the series. The way it ended, it sure seemed like it.

8. Calgarydetail

Calgarydetail Getting to know Detailing

wicked.. you showed at meadowbrook? how freeking cool.

I went to medowbrook last year and was blown away. I cannot wait untill this yeast :D

9. Sparkie

Sparkie Wax on..Wax off

Richy man I wish you still had some pics of your Lamborghini...
    Tod071 I love the old series...I love the new movie too...I hope they do a series also....

Guys you can see the movie on NBC.COM
    NBC Video Rewind

10. dengood1

dengood1 Birth of a Detailer

Man, that IS cool. To sell Jay a car means it had to have been nice. I thought you were a Trooper Richy??

11. richy

richy Guest

I am a Windsor copper and have been since 1994. I owned this car after I graduated from university (UWO) and lived at home. My monthly payment on the car was $1217. My 1st mortgage payment was less than that!! I worked at my father's GM dealership for 7 years after university. I need to get a scanner so I can download some of my old pics. I have some cool ones including a photoshoot of my car along with a red Countach. My father was actually a Lamborghini dealer for a few years in the 70's.

12. dengood1

That was a REALLY big payment in the 80's!!:yikes:

13. richy

richy Guest

Yea, no shit..it was 80% of my take home pay. When I sold it I made $40,000 in profit so it was worth it.

14. dengood1

:thud::thud:
    that would definitely make it better(40k)! Good for you man.

15. FMINUS

FMINUS DB Pro Supporter

I drove a GT500 the other day at the dealer, one of the WORST suspension setups I have ever felt, YUCK!

But the power was fun :) I was telling the salesperson that the suspension sucked and he said "you cant compare it to your M5, and I said, "Im not, im comparing it to my niece's honda civic!"

Put another 2K into coilovers and its a fun car!

16. flash gordon

flash gordon Banned

17. Ch40t1c

Ch40t1c Obsessive Detailer

How do you even find these old threads Flash? lol

18. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

he has a lot of free time on his hands :D

cant you see he's always :chips: ?

19. flash gordon

flash gordon Banned

^^^^^^:missy:

^^^^^^:help:

20. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

Haha, that's wicked. What did the salesman say to that?