I think I am in over my head (Rim pics)

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by Tonya, Mar 16, 2008.

1. Anthony

Anthony Birth of a Detailer

Hello,

Yes this is the cleaner. I usually use it cut half with water as the strength is just fine but gives me more dwell time.

I only use it on new details as my regulars clean up with soap and water.

Anthony

2. RTexasF

RTexasF Birth of a Detailer

Great information for all of us, thanks Anthony.

How was the "mud rain" that occured in San Antonio recently? Lots of business from that?

3. Tonya

Tonya Welcome to Detailing

By no mean am I done with car! With any luck I will get it again this weekend. I am sure the DG 501 will do great. That is the product I will try next. I will post up some :picture: and let you know the results. :applause2:
    YouTube - Loverboy - Lovin' Every Minute Of It :giggle:

4. Bac1033

Bac1033 Virgin Detailer

if you just used straight wheel acid dilluted a little with water it would get those things lookn real good and save alot of time. just spray like two or 3 of the grooves at a time and scrub in side of them real good and not let the acid sit long an make sure you rinse of completely and not leave any acid behind to dry you will be find. If your not comfortable with using wheel acid then thats fine but its going to take you a alot and i mean alot longer and like someone said find a junk rim and practice cause once you learn how to properly use wheel acid you could have a 4 of those rims clean in 30min.

5. Tonya

Tonya Welcome to Detailing

Thanks Bac1033 I appreciate the information. However for now... I just don't feel confident enough for acid. I can be dangerous (OK.... a dig bat) at times and well.. I just don't think it is for me right now :shrug: :shakehead: Thanks anyway :thumb: