I hate the new format...

Discussion in 'Detailing Bliss Lounge' started by agentf1, Feb 10, 2011.

1. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

I think its fine....... Im liking the black backround. Other then that I think Phil has done an outstanding job. And the fact he has taken into consideration what alot of us have had to say says alot about him. Im on other forums where if you don't like oh well.

Im very happy to be here, and Ive said it before, Its a great site, little to no drama and that too me is a good thing.

2. detaildoc

detaildoc DB Forum Supporter

Sorry Phil, I know it is confusing. What I meant was, on the home page we get a list of all the recent posts, so if 5 people respond to this thread, we get those 5 posts listed, but they are all still part of the same thread anyway, so by clicking any of them, we still go to that thread and are able to read the other 4. So what I was running by you and others is if it would be better to just list the most recent post in that thread (meaning, the most recent replaces the previous one), that way we don't end up with all the posts for the same thread listed. Not sure if that makes sense. That way, we only get the most recent post to several threads. Just an idea.

I agree that it is impossible to please everyone, but I also think it should be ok for anyone to make suggestions or bring up ideas (ultimately this is Phil's site and he makes the final decisions) without attacking the current format or without hostile replies to such suggestions. I see it as a way to contribute to continue making the site the best detailing forum around. As for me, I like the new logo and I'm starting to get used to the new format, but don't see anything wrong with people giving ideas and running them by Phil and all members to see if there are still ways to improve further. I understand how expensive and time consuming this has been for Phil, so that's why I only brought up ideas not commands and without direct attacks on new format (you can read my post above and you will see that it was stated in a respectful and inclusive way).

3. JoeyV

JoeyV Welcome to Detailing

I did notice and that's looking nice.

That's cool. I was just throwing in what I thought. I don't HATE their current set-up, just thought the old one was more, efficient.

You better! :p Can't wait to see it.

Note: Closing all the "sponsor" etc. windows on the main page really does make it much friendlier to me. Question: at some point, there was a type of "carbon fiber" background. Was that temporary or something? It looked cool, not being picky about it, I'm just wondering what happened to it.

4. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

We will work on different skins when we have the budget again for it.
    I'm trying to see what is possible and what is not possible first.
    If I can fix most of the issues that will be first.

5. detailersdomain

suggestions are welcome I think you all know that already.

6. detaildoc

detaildoc DB Forum Supporter

Yes, that is why there is a whole section for them on the forum right Phil? I appreciate all the hard work you are putting into this and taking care of all the minor bugs. :headbang:

7. detailersdomain

you got it.

8. Emile

Emile Welcome to Detailing

Wow, what a nasty title for a thread. I am sure hard work went into the redesign.

9. richy

richy Guest

Yes, it is. Thanks.