I hate living in Canada

Discussion in 'Detailing Bliss Lounge' started by sneek, Jan 27, 2008.

1. sneek

sneek Nuba Guru

Northwest Calgary. Edgemont. :p it doesnt help that we are on a hill.

2. Tonya

Tonya Welcome to Detailing

Man that is insane! I was going to ask if you have to plug in your cars.. but Nica already answered that! Man I hope you guys have back up generators... if you power goes out your scr##ed! Take care and stay inside!! You guys are nuts!

3. Calgarydetail

Calgarydetail Getting to know Detailing

back up generator? its called a sweater

4. Duratys

Duratys Welcome to Detailing

Its just my luck.....-8 for a week straight and when it comes time to move the rig she drops to -44 with the wind chill. I have 2 days ahead of me where I will be outside for no less than 18hrs each day......why oh why didnt I go to school?:crasy:

5. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

When it's that cold, it sucks...can't detail, can't wash...

6. TexasTB

TexasTB Obsessive Detailer

WOW. That is cold. When it hits 50* F. here, I get cold.... lol
    Guess I am spoiled.

Stay warm, I'll think of yall when it hits mid 70's today in TX. Wearing shorts yesterday.

7. Nica

Nica Banned

Man she's brutally cold today, so gald I pluged the Jeep last night, it started but it was cold.

Man it's been a wile since Calgary's been this cold, the wind has an incredable bite to it...brrrrr...so cold :cold:

8. sneek

sneek Nuba Guru

I hate you.

I was thinking about changing my oil last night to the last of my M1 0W20, but it was too cold in the garage.

9. TexasTB

TexasTB Obsessive Detailer

I love you too Sneek. lol

10. Divine Detail

Divine Detail DB Pro Supporter

I went up to close the wash down this morning and all my doors were frozen solid!!! I am lucky I was able to kick the ice loose on the bottom, or I wouldn't have even been able to get in!!! Then I went and played i nthe snow banks in the alleys with my truck!!! WEEEE, it's not so bad so long as you don't expose any skin!!:eek:mg::cold:

11. Calgarydetail

so for anyone wonderinf how cold it is today.... its -33C, -47C with the windchil... thats cold enough to kill... easliy... ohh well i can dream of detailing

12. Calgarydetail

well a quick update, its supposted t drop to -37C (-34.6F)and with the wind its so cold it wont give me a windchill temp... it got to -49 at one point then went blank.. myguees is it wil be well below -50C (-58F) with the wind chill.... hope everyone in calgary is ready for a cold night

ohh ona plus, i own some stock in a natural gas company.. this should help them alot :D

13. rucdn

rucdn Any Rag Vehicle Washer

I really have to love my heated underground parking on days like this. Took the elevator down to my truck this morning, started it and the outside temp said +17 degrees. Of course, I have a sneeking feeling that driving the truck outside and having an instant 40 degree temp change isn't all that good for it....but I'm ok with it! Went to work and immediatly plugged in the block heater all day!!! Brrrrrrr!

14. sneek

sneek Nuba Guru

You know it is cold when you drive a small car outside and you see the temp gauge DROPPING AS YOU DRIVE!

15. Calgarydetail

my car needs a wash... where do you live? :applause2:

16. rucdn

rucdn Any Rag Vehicle Washer

I'd love to help you out, but that would mean I would have to park my truck outside!! Umm, no thanks. :no: LOL!

17. Calgarydetail

haha well fine then.. im remeber that :eyebrow:... im just giving you a hard time :comfort:
    we need to get everyone toghter for a cut of coffee and a chat about detailing.... if we cant detail might as well talk about it :drinking::elefant:

18. Nica

Nica Banned

Man I don't think it's been this cold for a long time, to make it worse I had several meetings today and my rust bucket was a frigin freeeeeezzzzzzeeeerrrr...but on a positive not, it was fun drivin on the ice...:woo: I actually did a few donuts at work :applause2:

19. Nica

Nica Banned

hey, hey, hey what's this we can't detail talk...we got 10bays to play with anytime we want :applause2: :applause2: :applause2: :applause2: well I'll have to double check with the boss but I'm sure it wouldn't be a problem :whistle:

20. Calgarydetail

ohh right.., wow im out of it.. i tottaly forgot... we need to get a car for this weekend..... hmm maybe we can do a DB detail..... have everyone come and work on a car.. grab a cup of coffee (mmmmmm cofffee, i think i wll go make a cup now)