I hate living in Canada

Discussion in 'Detailing Bliss Lounge' started by sneek, Jan 27, 2008.

1. sneek

sneek Nuba Guru

It is going to be really really cold here!! -36C or -32.8F! It is going to suck here in the next few days. That is without windchill too!:cold::cold::cold::cold:

The real problem I have is I cant get one of these.
    [​IMG]
    That is a 2.2KG rotary! It looks pretty awesome and It would only cost about $215 CDN.

2. Calgarydetail

Calgarydetail Getting to know Detailing

its a cold one today.. trust me I was out on a tractor all day... my face hurts

3. sneek

sneek Nuba Guru

it was super windy today. I opened my garage to do a costco run, went to grab something from inside, and came back to find my garage floor had slow all over it!

4. pirex

pirex DB Certified Dealer

Canada is colder then Norway :p Coldest we have had this winter is -10C

5. eShine

eShine Guest

Who makes it? I can likely get one for you.

6. Calgarydetail

it was -21C with a 60k wind... for anyone who wants to know cold I have a tent :applause2:

7. sneek

sneek Nuba Guru

:D you are the best Chris.

It is a Milwaukee tool. I am not sure if it is Euro only or not, maybe you can just snap in a new cord??

Milwaukee Electric Tool

I would love to have a metabo, but I love having a trigger too much.

8. Nica

Nica Banned

What can this be..Calgarydetail admiting it's cold, man it must be cold...I wouldn't know I havent left my worm, confy house hahahahahahahahaha...I was going to go and detail my Lexus and put the Zymol leather products to the test but no way I'm going outside right now...way too cold :shakehead: I'm not leaving my house :lala: :lala: :lala:

sneek I was going to say contact Chris I'm sure he can get it for you but he's already on it lol :006:

9. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

Deep Gloss Auto Salon DB Pro Supporter

I feel your pain...

It was actually warm here today meaning your snot freezes once it gets out of your nose instead of while it's still inside your nose:comfort:

10. sneek

sneek Nuba Guru

The issue here is I am not sure it will work here. It is 240V and we only have 120 :(. I am curious to see if it would just be a plug swap.

11. eShine

eShine Guest

A plug swap wont help. You CAN use it if you are on a dryer or welder plug. I checked and you can not get that tool in North America.

12. Nica

Nica Banned

If the machine says it's 240V then you can't use the 120V plug swap, it could damage the machine, why is it 240V? it's a rotary right? That seems odd that it's 240 but I honestly don't know anything about the machine...but I have asked about the 120V vs 240V and there is a big difference lol well that goes with out saying :giggle:

13. Sparkie

Sparkie Wax on..Wax off

I hate it when ya'll send all that cold air down my way......LOL.....
    Can't wait untill spring......
    Ya'll do have Riccardo Clay up there.....I would fight snow and ice for that stuff.....

14. Divine Detail

Divine Detail DB Pro Supporter

BURRRRRRR I just got back a little while ago from snowboarding....my face is le frozen!!!

15. Nica

Nica Banned

:spitlol: :lol2: hahaha I like your french accent hahahaha so you did end up going snowboarding man I need to go and plug my Jeep but I don't want to go outside :rant:

I just want to :goodn:

16. Calgarydetail

Even i have my limits... -40C is way to cold, even for me... I dont like being cold.however when its above 0 its not that cold... carlos dont worry your still a a wimp

17. Nica

Nica Banned

Yea I may be a wimp but a worm wimp hahahahahaha :006: :006: :006:

18. FuelTuner

FuelTuner Birth of a Detailer

sneek. Where are you located?

19. Divine Detail

Divine Detail DB Pro Supporter

Oh I sure did end up going, it was all good until noon. Then the winds kicked up, the snow started to fall like mad, and I began to get so cold that my face had no feeling in any place that wasn't fully covered....

My truck was reluctant to start after just being out in that for the day...and it's not even as cold right now as it's supposed to be tonight!!! PLUG IT IN!!

20. Nica

Nica Banned

Yea I just went to plug the Jeep and she's cold....wind has a wicked bite :cold: