I Don't Want To Detail My Own Car

Discussion in 'Detailing Bliss Lounge' started by slanguage, Apr 13, 2010.

1. kustomizingkid

kustomizingkid Nuba Guru

I'm gearing up to do a full correction on my car when I pull it out.... plan on at least 12 hours of jeweling, and a few coats of supernatural :)

2. TheNextAZN

TheNextAZN Any Rag Vehicle Washer

black suv's don't have me motivated in anyways.. my car or another persons car, it's gonna be a drag no matter what. lol.

if I owned a black suv, i'd take it in for a detail, :shrug: then come back and complain about how I could of just detailed it myself.. lol

3. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

sounds like a very rewarding combo to me...

4. Misha

Misha Nuba Guru

i dont have motivation or time. i fugred maybe i can do one panel at a time and in couple weeks it would be done.

5. trhland

trhland Nuba Guru

ihavnt polished my truck in 2 years..justdont have thetime... im thinking of doing one panel at a time .. my trucks huge.a full polish would take forever...

6. togwt

togwt Nuba Guru

Just a thought- if someone came to detail one of my vehicles and his work truck or car was not taken care I would doubt his detaling skills (image IS everything in buisness)

7. daveinsweethome

daveinsweethome DB Forum Supporter

got two suburbans to do one is dark blue. i know the feeling. had to build a damn car port to get them under to do the roofs.

8. pektel

pektel DB Forum Supporter

I LOVE jeweling paint. No one really wants to pay for it though, so my car will get the treatment. I love how finished it looks before any wax. I think I may try a nice glaze like Justin's new wet glaze. No cleaners/fillers. Just supposed to add wetness.

Or I may use DJ lime prime. Decisions, decisions...

9. TheNextAZN

TheNextAZN Any Rag Vehicle Washer

ahahaha.. that's exactly what i've been doing this whole past winter..

one week my driver side fender would bead like crazy then the other week it would be the trunk.. lol

10. TexasTB

TexasTB Obsessive Detailer

Same way here....

The Fiances car hasn't been detailed since I met her over 2 years ago. Heck, I haven't even put a coat of wax on it.... lol

My car, well, I wetsanded and polishes 1/3 of it so far. I'll get around to it by July.
    I like doing my van, but the top is a pain.

11. getcha

getcha Jedi Nuba

I am in a similar case. I dont have the time right now to do the entire car and it would drive me cray to work in sections so fortunately its protected and I am leaving it. But at least as I prep other cars it gives me reminders and ideas for my own once I get to it.

12. D&D Auto Detailing

D&D Auto Detailing DB Forum Supporter

I just bought an 05 Grand Cherokee. My last car was black, so I went with silver this time. But it needs a 3 step and some areas need to be wet sanded. Ive had it for a little over a week and Ive cleaned the interior a couple times, but haven't even washed it yet. Hoping to get it polished this week.