Hurt my back :(

Discussion in 'Detailing Bliss Lounge' started by richy, Jan 6, 2009.

1. richy

richy Guest

Yesterday I booked the day off work to do my car. I was going to strip the sealant I had on there and apply a new one I've been working with. I was really pumped to do it. After taking my daughter to the doctor in the morning, I get back and go to pick her up and threw out my back. I was having spasms like crazy. It hurts like hell. I went to the chiropractor yesterday and got a bit of relief but he says it'll be several days. I can't pick up anything and it hurts me to even sit here and type this. It had been 3 years since I had been to him...I had forgotten was back pain feels like. NO bloody fun.

2. Pats300zx

Pats300zx Official DB Moderator

Sorry to hear that Richy. Get some rest. I hope that you start feeling better in a couple of days.

3. Cooter

Cooter Guest

Sorry to hear that Richy. Got any Flexeril, Skelaxin or Robaxin? I like Robaxin. It works pretty good and doesnt leave you feeling like you took a bottle full of Benedryl. Flexeril makes me sleepy too. I'd also get a heating pad too. OTC Motrin is pretty good to. You can take up to 4 every 4 hours. Take it with food though. Full Rx strength is 800mg, otc is 200mg each. Aleve and Tylenol may help some also. Hope you get to feelin better.

4. Buddy

Buddy Getting to know Detailing

Oh Man, It does sound like heath has some good advise for you but I do hope It pops back in as fast as it went out. Sorry richy

5. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

Sorry about your back. Hope you have a speedy recovery.

6. richy

richy Guest

Thanks, guys...appreciate it!

7. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

Goodness Richy, sorry to hear that. Get well soon, what a doozie to take the day off only to throw out your back.

8. Hum-Benz

Hum-Benz Wax on..Wax off

Sorry to hear about that. Back pain is not fun. Hope you get better!

9. michakaveli

michakaveli Welcome to Detailing

Ibuprofen @ 800mg doses works as an anti-inflamatory, if you are also feeling any tingling and pain in your low back. As your muscles are spasming, it may be pulling on a nerve inducing additional pain. I have had this numerous times so far and this was advise dper my MD - take this advise @ your own risk. This 800mg dosage is taken 3x/day for a range of 7-10 days.... Eventually good stretching an exercise prevent this as strengthening your back and abs does the trick... I've been battling with this off and on for a while now

10. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

One word Richy. Robaxacet. At my age I take two before playing hockey every week. At your age you should be taking one with every meal! LOL Hope it gets better soon.

11. pektel

pektel DB Forum Supporter

:lol:

I've had recurring back problems for the past 6 years. I went to see a nurse practitioner (no insurance right now :yikes: ) and she gave me some nice percocet's, some flexeril, and 800mg IB's. I don't really care for the flexeril, because it makes me really groggy. But I don't know anyone who doesn't like percocet :D

Hope you're feeling better soon!

12. Denzil

Denzil Guest

Sorry to hear how you're feeling Richy. I hope you recover very soon!

Oh awesome, I'm not the only one forum member who plays hockey, hehe. Of course, I don't need the Robaxacet. :)

13. J BELL

J BELL Nuba Guru

Sorry to hear this richy...its hard to appreciate all the things you do until your back goes out and you cant do any of them...i hurt mine when playing HS football, and it is definitely no fun..i hope you get to feeling better

14. richy

richy Guest

At my age? WTF....Besides, I was always told you're as young as who you feel!!! Mid 40's has not been fun.

Thanks for the advice guys!

15. 911Fanatic

Guess we're around the same age, I'm 42. You're right, you're as young as you feel. I feel like I'm still 25, my body, some days however, feels like its 75! LOL

16. richy

richy Guest

Ken..read my reply carefully..my line is you're as old as WHO you feel! LOL

17. Grey Ghost

Grey Ghost Jedi Nuba

Vicodin works wonders.

18. 911Fanatic

Wahoo, I'm 19 again. :awesome:OOPS! Did I say that out loud?

19. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

:lol:

20. richy

richy Guest

Buddy..I knew we'd get on the same page!!:applause2: