Huge Update We Have Menzerna 106fa Incoming

Discussion in 'Detailers Domain' started by detailersdomain, Mar 10, 2008.

1. Nica

Nica Banned

hmmm.106FA :druling: nice..definetly worth having in your arsenal if you ask me :thumb:

Well done Phil :applause:

2. uzj100

uzj100 Jedi Nuba

Please explain why the 85RD 3.02 vs. 85RD via the blue pad? I too prefer FA to FF.

3. Al-53

Al-53 Welcome to Detailing

PO885RD 3.02 has more cut and less gloss then PO85RD..so why would you finess the finish with PO85RD 3.02 since it has a greater cut with less gloss factor..that would defeat the purpose to me..if you use a polish with a gloss fctor of 5 like either 106FF or FA ..you would diminish the gloss with PO85RD 3.02 ...

According to Jeff Silvers of Menz USA..they (106FF and 106FA) are both the same abrasive...milled the same...just the emulsion is a bit different to increase the work time and decrease dust on the production line ....the increased lube lets it work a bit longer on the NEWER ceramic Clears...

Menzerana designed a 2 pad system for the products..and its a white cutting pad and a orange polishing pad...the slight abrasiveness of the orange pad is needed to break the abrasives down to a final finishing polish...a non abrasive pad will just make the abrasives break down slower and and not get to the final texture need to increase the gloss..the pad abrasiveness works in conjunction with both the pollsh to break it down properly and abrading the CC with the polish ..This is what was told to me from menzerna....and i am still confused...lol...

I believe Nica has the pad system from Menzerna..he can chime in on the actions of thier pads...

I use a white CCS pad..a black polishing pad from 3M and a Megs polishing pad..these three gave me the best results for foam....I tries a black and a blue CCS pad and seen no different in the finish ..both are suppose to have no cut...

Al

4. FMINUS

FMINUS DB Pro Supporter

Let me correct myself, I feel FF cuts FASTER not "better" than FA

5. cheeseenlo

cheeseenlo Birth of a Detailer

Sorry if this is off topic, but what do you guys rate the dust level of Menzerna polishes from 1 to 10.

6. Shuskan3

Shuskan3 Birth of a Detailer

For *me*, when a polish begins to dust, that means that it is either completely broken down or you are using to much.

Would also love to hear other opinions on this though...

7. Nica

Nica Banned

Man what else can I say home boy Al is correct, 85RD3.02 is very good but it some times needs to be finsed with 85RD or 106FF/FA. To be honest Menzerna pads with Menzena products works very well, the pads feel really stiff at first but after a wile and you get used to them they work great oh and they are oposite..I mean teh orange is the finishing the white one is the compounding pad. Well like Al said you don't need to get Menzerna pads, I've been very happy with Meg's polishing pad, Sonus pads, 3M US version, 3M UK version they all perform very well with Menzerna...just my :2cents: though.

8. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

I agree with that.

9. uzj100

uzj100 Jedi Nuba

10. MadOzodi

MadOzodi Nuba Guru

Thanks for the correction. Faster for me and my abilities isn't necessarily a good thing, since I'm still a newbie. Hopefully, my friend will let me polish her Black '04 330i. If the FA w/orange pad doesn't work, at least I'll have the 85U which has a tad bit more cut.

From those with the experience, especially on the harder clear coats, would 85U w/orange pad work better than FA w/orange pad? Reason I ask is because from what I understand, 85U wasn't made for the harder clear coats.

Crap, maybe I should have ordered SIP also, LOL!

11. Al-53

Al-53 Welcome to Detailing

First off....instead of going straight to the more agressive pad..try a Green LC pad first..or a white...with the 106....I took dog claw marks off my door when My dog jumped up on it with just a green LC pad....and it left it LSP ready..after a wipe down...

some times the orange pad will leave micro marring so best to try the least agressive route first and see how they perform....

Al

12. detailersdomain

I think your best bet will be SIP followed by 106fa or 106ff or 85rd.

13. MadOzodi

MadOzodi Nuba Guru

Hrmmmms, I think I'll actually try to do a side by side System One w/white pad vs 106FA w/white pad comparo on her hood.

At least this year is the year I hope to get my polishing routine down. Thanks for the advice Al & Phil.

14. detailersdomain

sure thing hang on I'm going to do something very cool in the next 48hrs with Menzerna.. :):whistle:

15. What is it Phil ..........What is it ?!?!!?!? :yikes: :shead: :gidiup: :crasy: :computer: :support:

16. DJ_JonnyV

DJ_JonnyV DB Forum Supporter

Oh, Phil, you're such a tease

17. MadOzodi

MadOzodi Nuba Guru

:sheep:, am I gonna have to request you hold on shipping my 106FA b/c you're gonna do something to make me wanna buy something in addition?

If so, you're the :devil:

But in a good way!

:chest:

:006:

PS these smilies rawk after you've put down a few pints!

:p:

:cheers::drinking:

18. getcha

getcha Jedi Nuba

Im actually thinking of ordering this now. Would it be as effective as 106ff for say a 1-step given the same situation?

19. detailersdomain

20. detailersdomain

yes it would be I just used it with a green pad on a 993 looks amazing however I still wanted more so I finished it off with a green pad and 85rd.