Hows this pressure washer for a weekend warrior?

Discussion in 'Tools - Machine Polishers, Pressure Washers, Detai' started by stingray23, Mar 31, 2011.

1. Jaddie

Jaddie Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Dear Bonefish

I apologize for the bad link.

Here's a good one.

In case the link is bad by the time you read this, search for "Cleanforce" on Home Depot's website.

--Jaddie

2. Bonefish

Bonefish Virgin Detailer

The link worked...thank you! Wow...reviews are either great or awful. You say it comes with QC? And you bought a former that worked well?

Thanks,

3. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

Then you are doing it right! LOL

4. Jaddie

Dear Bonefish

Yes, it comes with a brass quick-connect adapter that's covered with rubber for easy grip. The wand is steel. If Karcher made this unit, it'd sell for US$280. I don't believe there are any other consumer-priced electric washers with a two-year warranty.

Here's a link to the washer's manufacturer's website.

The MTM Hydro foamer I linked to at pressurewashersdirect.com is identical in appearance and has superior specifications to what Autogeek is selling. I honestly believe it's the same foamer. MTM Hydro's site lists the same specifications as Autogeek, but nearly all other sellers who identify the item as a MTM Hydro product list it with a 5000-psi rating (compared to the 2300-2700-psi rating listed by Autogeek and MTM on its own site).

The foamer works extremely well, and so does the washer, though keep in mind the foamer's been used for about five minutes (that's all it took to empty the one-liter bottle) and the washer's been used for about thirty minutes. The washer does seem very solid for a plastic product, though, and I can directly compare it to the Powerwasher 1400-psi model because I bought that one and returned it.

See my thread in Bargain Bin for a great deal on a gas washer.

--Jaddie

5. 911Fanatic

Just so you know Jaddie, the viscosity of the product you are running through the foam lance makes a huge difference in how long it takes to go through it. If I fill the 32oz bottle on my foamer with a soap like DG, CG or optimum, it will take forever to empty is as its so thick. If you fill it with APC, a lot more watery, it'll empty the same bottle in in around a minute.

6. Jaddie

Dear co78

I considered the 383 because it garnered good reviews and has great specs.

There's some chance the MTM Hydro unit would fit. It ships with an M22 fitting included in the package, which is how our Cleanforce washer connects. The lance ships a quick-connect plug screwed into it. The chance that it wouldn't fit, and it wasn't available at any of my local brick-and-mortar stores, are why I didn't choose an AR unit. I was set on the idea of using a foam lance.

Honestly, I bet I end up not using the washer and lance as often as I expected. Our vehicles are garaged and are almost always good candidates for rinseless or waterless washes.

--Jaddie

7. Jaddie

Dear 911Fanatic

I didn't even know you could put regular car wash soap in the foamer's bottle. What kind of foam do you get with regular car wash soap?

--Jaddie

8. 911Fanatic

Regular carwash soap will foam up better than APCs as its so much more concentrated. For maint washes I'll put a bit of APC in with a good shot of soap and top up with water. The Apc "may" shorten the life of your LSP a bit but it will remove more dirt than soap alone. If I am stripping wax, I use straight APC on the highest setting with a bit of soap for foam.

9. Jaddie

Dear 911Fanatic

Thanks for the tips! I'll give it a try.

--Jaddie

10. stamford06905

stamford06905 Virgin Detailer

Hi All,

I got the AR 383 and also got the MTM Hydro thinking I should be able to foam my car.
    Later I realized that I need get adaptor and Powercare Wand, which I did buy.
    Now when I hook them to AR 383 and try to use, All I get from MTM hydro is a garden hose like water output and nowhere pressure in sight.
    I checked with original AR 383 wands and they all see to work ok.
    I guess there is nothing to check in the Powercare wand, as it is just an connector.
    Now the big question is what is wrong with my MTM Hydro and why does it not foam with pressure. The output from the MTM hydro so worse that it appears to be like a small leak from garden hose....I am pretty pretty disappointed after spending so much on this stuff to wash my car.......

I already tried by adjusting the MTM hydro by turning both the knobs/controls and in vain was able to achieve anything shown in other forums where nice foam is seen.

If anyone can help with what could be wrong and what should I do would be helpful. Thanks in advance for all your help.

11. 911Fanatic

Can you post pics of the pieces you have? The pressure washer wand, adapter and MTM hydro.