Hows this pressure washer for a weekend warrior?

Discussion in 'Tools - Machine Polishers, Pressure Washers, Detai' started by stingray23, Mar 31, 2011.

1. stingray23

stingray23 Jedi Nuba

How about replacing the AR gun with a Karcher? That would help,right?

2. 05A4USP

05A4USP Virgin Detailer

The hose has to be upgraded as well to incorporate the qiuck connects.

3. stingray23

stingray23 Jedi Nuba

That shouldnt be a problem. I hate how stiff the stock hose is.

4. jsraaf

jsraaf Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Strange, they must've changed the description recently, since the one that I got a couple months ago has a 32oz bottle not 64oz

5. jsraaf

jsraaf Any Rag Vehicle Washer

So true. But, I'm betting you'll have to make sure to use a Karcher hose, due to how they connect to the unit & the gun. The connection looks like a long QC plug, however 2 sides are squared off so that it only goes in one way. I have no idea if Karcher makes other hoses that are softer though.

6. aml5578

aml5578 Any Rag Vehicle Washer

7. stingray23

stingray23 Jedi Nuba

Please post a video! That would be great! Thanks!

8. Bonefish

Bonefish Virgin Detailer

Afternoon Everyone!
    I was referred here by a friend and wanted to touch base on this thread. I'm in the process of looking to buy a PW and wondered if there was anymore info on the AR383 being able to connect easily with the Autogeek Foamer? I'd like to do the quick connect like was shown for the AR610. Trying to stay around the $200.00 or so range. Any suggestions as to what PW to use if the AR383 is not going to be able to do a quick connect?

I really appreciate it!

9. Bonefish

Bonefish Virgin Detailer

Do you still like this one? It seemed to get horrible reviews on HD site...

10. cu2mike

cu2mike DB Forum Supporter

May have found a solution to the AR383 dilemma (Other than changing everything out to QC) , will report back once I receive the brass fitting and cannon.

11. Kaleo

Kaleo DB Forum Supporter

Please do as I actually am in the same boat!

Picked it up from amazon a little over a month ago and never used it yet. Just received my foam cannon last week and got that powercare pack from home depot too a couple of weeks ago as well! I really hope to be able to attach my foam cannon to it,

12. Bonefish

Bonefish Virgin Detailer

Please do...as I would like to move on this soon....

Thanks!

13. cu2mike

cu2mike DB Forum Supporter

I double checked with my vendor (had him read through this thread), he said the fitting will definitely fit, and he makes & sells his own cannon which will fit the fitting.

14. stingray23

stingray23 Jedi Nuba

anything?

15. godoman

godoman Jedi Nuba

My experience with preasure washers and wheels. U need a good wheel cleaner like sonax or p21s. Everyone on here can tell u sonax is the one to try. Next, make sure the preasure washer is one that is putting out heated water, but those cost $2800 dollars. Finally" if u r not doing alot of cars and just want something for doing ur car and maybe friends and/ or neighbors cars I would seriously consider doing research on the vx5000

Just my 2 cents

16. Bonefish

Bonefish Virgin Detailer

So who is the vendor and what set up. I found one at HD for a good price but don't want to buy if it is not good.

17. Bonefish

Bonefish Virgin Detailer

Do you still like the HD one? Did the quick release stuff work?

18. Jaddie

Jaddie Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Dear Bonefish & Friends

My wife gave me the Cleanforce 1800psi/1.6gpm washer from Home Depot. The price was US$160, but she presented a 15-percent-off competitor's coupon and wound up paying US$136.

This is a really nice unit. It has a wand just like the more expensive gas units, a built-in detergent tank, an internal reel for the electrical cord, and an internal reel for the pressure hose. It also has brass quick connects and can operate either as a stand-up machine or horizontally (like a canister vacuum cleaner). I've been impressed so far.

My wife also gave me the foam lance (cannon) from MTM Hydro. She bought it from Pressure Washers Direct for US$52.40 including shipping. I believe MTM Hydro is the OEM supplier for Autogeek. I tried it for the first time last night and believe I used too much Detailer's Pro foam shampoo. I used about eight ounces in the foam bottle and it rendered our Odyssey and my mother-in-law's Maxima unrecognizable.

--Jaddie

19. Jaddie

Jaddie Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Dear Bonefish & Friends

I bought the Powerwasher unit from Home Depot a few weeks ago. It worked well but wasn't built well. The hanger/hook for the electric cord was about an eighth of an inch from being torn all the way off the washer when I lifted it out of the box. The Cleanforce washer's build quality is much better than the Powerwasher's. Of course, the Powerwasher model cost just US$65.

--Jaddie

20. Bonefish

Bonefish Virgin Detailer

I show them both as powerwasher brands but cheaper is noted as weekender and the other one is $165. 00. Your link shows unavailable. Gotta a pic?