How's This Idea?

Discussion in 'Detailing Bliss Lounge' started by slanguage, Oct 13, 2009.

1. TONY MONTANA

TONY MONTANA DB Forum Supporter

something tells me this record aint getting broken today :popcorn:

2. Nica

Nica Banned

Well no record breaking this time around.

Well next time around I'll send a massive email to all members that have signed up to notify them of the event, I'm sure this would have helped abit...but anyone else have any other suggestions on breaking the old record? I'm sure a time frame also would have helped but I believe there's more to it then setting a time frame for it.

3. Misha

Misha Nuba Guru

what did you guys do that a lot of ppl signed on? was it some kinda sale or what

how about we try on xmas or new years? everybody should be home at those times

4. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

yeah. i would like to break the record. any time and any suggestions would be appreciated.

5. mutmanns

mutmanns DB Forum Supporter

I think we need to have the name of the thread stand out a little more. I was thinking about it on Saturday trying to figure out why more people were not logged in. I bet if someone said they would offer 30% discount to everyone logged in it would get broken. Oh well, we tried...

6. Misha

Misha Nuba Guru

nah. Nica just have to sent out email to everybody. not everybody looked at this thread.
    maybe thread should be
    Active Members Check In Thread

7. Nica

Nica Banned

:nod: next time I'll send a massive email but I'm still scratching my head why we weren't able to break the old record, there shouldn't be a need of any discount or a price to break a record.

8. Asphalt Rocket

Asphalt Rocket Nuba Guru

Agreed, no need to reward, you should want to do this all on your own. Carlos I also agree you should send out a bunch of pm's or emails to remind everyone.

9. mutmanns

mutmanns DB Forum Supporter

just to clarify
    in no way was I serious about the discount
    that was my poor attempt at sarcasm
    I was just saying that it is amazing how a discount can get people really excited about something but that there didn't appear to be a lot of excitement about breaking the record
    I was on the site for quite a bit of Saturday and couldn't believe how low the numbers were

10. Asphalt Rocket

Asphalt Rocket Nuba Guru

Trying to accomplish this on a Holiday weekend wasn't the best idea. I am sure alot of people were traveling, had family over or somewhere with their family.

11. ahwil_lim

ahwil_lim Wax on..Wax off

agreed ... im online most of the day ... but the numbers were very low :deadhorse:... we might try again :(

12. Misha

Misha Nuba Guru

hey guys, we set the record today, check out home page

13. Nica

Nica Banned

Yea, I just noticed that and it all happened this morning :shead: :shead:

14. Misha

Misha Nuba Guru

no idea. guest number seems to be high as well compared to usual number

15. Nica

Nica Banned

Well I expected a spike but not quite high, oh well shouldn't complain :cheerl:

16. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

Thats 9:30 am back east. Don't you guys have jobs? lol

17. Misha

Misha Nuba Guru

yeah we have jobs. i check this forum probably every 5-10 min lol
    i fix computers so im on computer all day long

18. ahwil_lim

ahwil_lim Wax on..Wax off

I have job too ... however, login to DB and leave it lol ... hehe