How to steam the interior of a vehicle

Discussion in 'Interior Car Care' started by Nica, Dec 14, 2008.

1. MrPolished&Waxed

MrPolished&Waxed Obsessive Detailer

I have never tried a cheap one. but I would save that money and put it toward the $700 one. thats listed above Steam Cleaner - Steam Cleaners - Vapor Cleaner - Commercial Steam Cleaners

I have it and there are no disappointments. It is a must for interiors.

I use a 3" round brush wrapped with a mf for door panels (gently scrubbing)opposed to just spraying them with the wand as in the video

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Nica

Nica Banned

Well I used to use a micro fiber towel like you do MrPolished&Waxed but by doing it with this method I was finding it difficult to get in to the really tight areas, so that's why I steam the area first then wipe it. Both ways work fine, comes down to personal preference :shrug:

3. mb43

mb43 Obsessive Detailer

Nica how do you do carpets? Just spraying them with steam doesn't work fo rme.

4. Nica

Nica Banned

Well I wrap one of those yellow micro fiber towels on the triangle attachment and steam a way, works great. On really tough stains I'll spray some chemical (can't remember the name) scrub with a brush then steam and then extract, this has been working great so far :thumb:

5. nf3d0149ab

nf3d0149ab Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Thanks for the vid. :applause:

6. Nica

Nica Banned

Thank you, glad you enjoyed it :peace:

7. lonewolf525

lonewolf525 Jedi Nuba

Nice video Carlos. i was wondering if you still use protectants after you clean the interiors dash, door panels, etc...with the vapor chief.

i know you are saying that you use less chemicals in the long run. But the interior still needs protection right?

also, wondering when razr007 said if you got the brushes. How do you use brushes with the vapor chief?

8. Aesop

Aesop Jedi Nuba

Well I have been trying to find a real steam cleaner for months. Going to grab this VX 5000 model and have some fun.

9. kustomizingkid

kustomizingkid Nuba Guru

I have a VX 5000 and am in love!!

I have to say though if you don't pay attention you CAN damage things... I went around trying it out on my winter beater first and messed a couple parts up, don't care cause it is the beater... but I'd recommend trying it out on a few other cars before taking it out on a customers car...

10. UncleB

UncleB Virgin Detailer

First off thanks to Nica for the vid and info! Secondly... to all you guys with steamers.... I've been using the VX5000 for 4 years now and a great add on sale to help recoop your investment is car seats. Soccer moms love that you can clean jr's car seat with out chemicals! I usually charge $25 per seat and never had problem. Some clients even call back asking for the seats to be cleaned again before their scheduled detail :thumb:

Just my :2cents:

11. kustomizingkid

kustomizingkid Nuba Guru

The VX5000 saves me so much money it's nuts... time wise and product wise... I've averaged about .5 gallon of water per detail, and pay ohhh $.75-$1 for a gallon of distilled water. Comparing that to using caret cleaner, APC, leather cleaner, and all the different brushes.

12. Nica

Nica Banned

:nod: I agree, a steamer saves a significant amount of purchasing chemicals, heck I hardly use Meg's APC anymore, I still use it when it's really necessary but for the most part the steamer does a great job on it's own.