how to get Riccardo Clay in the U.S.

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by ampbmw, Jan 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eShine

eShine Guest

I am really staring to get tired of the emails, and PM's we are getting about trying to get Riccardo Clay into the USA. It is very simple, YOU CAN'T. PM'ing or emailing me asking if plan X will work is a sure way of having us NOT sell you clay. If your plan may have worked, it now won't because I would at that point be knowingly infringing on the patent. It is like planning a break in and dropping by the house beforehand and asking the owner, "I notice you often forget to lock the garage door, will it be locked tonight?" Do you think he will lock it?????

2. Purplewidow

Purplewidow Obsessive Detailer

if i remember correctly isn't it the same type as the zymol clay but for half the price..but thew consistenscy and quality is the same? it looks the same from what i have seen...but i have only used the zymol clay..thinking about the sonus green ultra fine clay next.

i didn't even know it was my first post on here..hey guys new here just a hobby no business here..well i have one but it's for flexible packaging not details.. Hope All is well and glad to be a part of this forum community!! i have been browsing the last couple of days..Great info!!!

3. DJ_JonnyV

DJ_JonnyV DB Forum Supporter

I saw this coming a mile away. Actually, my plan was a little better. I was going to see if you could package some Riccardo Clay with some Cuban cigars and send them down to the States! Contraband shipping!!!

4. marlcoke

marlcoke Birth of a Detailer

some people....

5. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

Seriously, it's f00kin' clay. Go down to Autozone and pick up some $10.99 Clay Magic and get on with it.

6. Denzil

Denzil Guest

Remember guys and gals, detailing is about prep, specifically polishing. Claying is just a minor part in the prep process. ANY clay will do, LoL.

7. reefer_bob

reefer_bob Obsessive Detailer

I can't disagree with this statement more.

Any clay... I can think of 2 clays right off the top of my head that I will NEVER use again. One was so hard and brittle, it litterally broke if you folded it. The other was so soft that it'd leave clay marks on the paint.

Others have had clay totally break down while using it.

Clay is not clay.

Additionally, it's not a minor step IMHO. It's one of the most simple steps that can make the biggest difference. Not all fallout will come off by polishing. If it does, it can get stuck in the pad and make the finish worse. Clay is super important.

Our Canadian friends RAVE about how good this clay is. Why shouldn't we try to figure out ways to import small batches of it. :)

8. Purplewidow

can anyone confirm my zymol theory..i mean the stuff looks identical to it.

9. eShine

eShine Guest

It might be Yellow but it can't be the same clay.

10. Purplewidow

i know it can't be the same in terms of exact molecular composition but it can be damn close...color looks identical as well as consistency

11. eShine

eShine Guest

Color, feel, smell, and taste have nothing to do with a products performance. If you are happy with the Zymol clay use it, all that matters is you are happy with it.

12. Nica

Nica Banned

Well this thread just keeps on going in circles, the answer about the yellow clay bar/Riccardo clay bar is that Chris (eShine) can not ship it to the US so, no need to ask and by bringing it up like this it’s just like putting a target on your selves.

So, I'm closing g the thread. It was a good discussion but I think the thread ran its course and time to move on :peace:.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.