how to get Riccardo Clay in the U.S.

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by ampbmw, Jan 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. klumzypinoy

klumzypinoy Nuba Guru

It's really soft, and easily pliable. In my experience it grabs contaminants better than this regular blue clay that I have. It just has a different feel to it, really pleasant for me to use :)

2. matrix_808

matrix_808 DB Supporter

howse it compare to zaino clay though? that one is pretty elastic. a lot more elastic than clay magic.

3. klumzypinoy

klumzypinoy Nuba Guru

Never tried Zaino clay...

4. budman3

budman3 Birth of a Detailer

When did you get the clay? The Zaino Clay that is being sold today comes from Auto Magic . Their previous clay 1.5 - 2+ years was infact the good clay but again due to the patent they had to switch. I haven't tried their new red clay but I haven't seen any other red bars making it seem Zaino specifically had that clay made for them which hopefully results in a quality bar, unlike the other AM bars.

5. Wendell inc.

Wendell inc. Birth of a Detailer

I have the red bar and havent used it. I am going to try to use it within the next 2 weekends.

6. Calgarydetail

Calgarydetail Getting to know Detailing

it will be like the grey automagic one... well should be anyway

7. Divine Detail

Divine Detail DB Pro Supporter

The red stuff is much like automagic, the old zaino which was yellow was very very much like the riccardo clay.

8. Wendell inc.

I tried the zaino stuff and liked it. I think someone needs to find a loophole in the patent!!!! I mean COME ON, i WANT TO TRY SOME SOOOO BAD! If anyone's out of country friends want to make a quick 10 bucks PM me... :) I feel like such a bad boy... im trying to get "illegal" detailing products in the US. HAHAHA

9. Dontsleeponit

Dontsleeponit Jedi Nuba

Is there a final opinion from anyone as to which clay performs the most like the riccardo, but is available in the US?

Sonus? Pinnacle? Griots? Zaino?

I was pretty set on trying the Sonus for use on my car which is kept much cleaner then most on the road and sees much fewer miles.

Its my understanding that the riccardo clay is desirable because its very elastic, but is it also very mar-safe and does it clean well?

10. POPPAJ

POPPAJ DB Forum Supporter

If you're planning on carrying it across the border don't joke about terrorists. The homeland security folks will put you away for a long time till they test it to confirm that its not c2

11. klumzypinoy

klumzypinoy Nuba Guru

The yellow clay cleans very well in my experience :) I haven't experienced any marring.

12. rucdn

rucdn Any Rag Vehicle Washer

LOL! I was thinking the same thing. I'm not so sure I'd want to take clay (especially large quantities of it) over the border. I for sure wouldn't fly with it!! There would be way too much potential for the rubber glove treatment!! :shakehead:

13. Dust2Glory

Dust2Glory Nuba Guru

The yellow clay AG carries for the diamondite glass waterspot remover kit is alot like riccardo, i have that clay plus ricardo and they are very much alike

14. Wendell inc.

any new info on getting it in the country?

15. Dontsleeponit

Dontsleeponit Jedi Nuba

And you use this on paint right?

Just checked, $15/3oz, kinda expensive, is it worth it?

16. TexasTB

TexasTB Obsessive Detailer

anything like riccardo clay is worth it. IMHO

17. FMINUS

FMINUS DB Pro Supporter

I think its said before, YOU CANNOT GET IT HERE.

The only way is if you've got some friends, and if you don't have any friends, well.... then you have a bigger problem than finding detailing clay...

18. matrix_808

matrix_808 DB Supporter

how does it compare to the sonus green?

19. klumzypinoy

klumzypinoy Nuba Guru

I've read when the patent expires then the yellow clay can be sold here again..

20. zoomzoom mazda5

zoomzoom mazda5 Wax on..Wax off

And when does it expires?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.