How do you get over a year long relationship?

Discussion in 'Detailing Bliss Lounge' started by Takumi587, Mar 16, 2009.

1. Takumi587

Takumi587 Birth of a Detailer

Figured I would post an update on my situation:

So I have a facebook and she re opened her account... I befriended her right away once i saw she was back... Now was that the right thing to do ? I don't know but my buddies told me to do it.

I have listened to all your advice too by taking on new hobbies and keeping the car much cleaner haha. Time does seem slow but I gotta keep my head up right?

New hobby i been working on is the stock market... So far so good. The banks especially are moving about 2 to 3 points around.

err... But I hate this whole nostalgia. Always gets me.

2. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

We don't quite know the story about why you two broke up. Did you break up with her, or vice versa? Do you want to get back together?

But you adding her on Facebook as soon as she re-opened her account makes me feel like you still fancy her.

I've never needed more than about 2 days to get over someone personally.

3. TexasTB

TexasTB Obsessive Detailer

4. J BELL

J BELL Nuba Guru

The quickest way to get over a girl is another one :) who cares if she flirts with you for money, at least she is doing it haha.

5. Grey Ghost

Grey Ghost Jedi Nuba

Its time for Boats and Hoes

6. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

Best advice so far!

7. sal329

sal329 Nuba Guru

Hangout with friends and family, get to know yourself, workout, get a hobby, detail more, meet someone else and take it SLOW and be up front an honest with her. Since June my relationship was messed up, together for 4 yrs, she has a 12 yr old son plus we have our 2 1/2 yr old together. Well we have slipt up and gotten back 3 times and I think we are headed for a 4th and final. This time I am not playing the will be friends BS and I am goin to move on and just take care of myself and my son. Good luck to you and I hope for the best

8. GLuXuRy

GLuXuRy Birth of a Detailer

i know im late on this .. but i noticed this thread a day or two after i broke up with my GF .. after almost two years .. my X and i are DONE .. the way im getting over it is by focusing on my work and my hobbies .. the added bonus is that my friend ( A GIRL, a hot one at that) from vegas came down this past weekend and stayed with me, i did NOT miss my GF one minute

so try hanging out with other girls .. it HELPS

9. dschia

dschia Jedi Nuba

Agree...But you got to know its over and stop dwelling over the past or it not going to work..

10. sal329

sal329 Nuba Guru

My grandmother use to tell me the best way to get over a girl is to get under another one....

11. michakaveli

michakaveli Welcome to Detailing

Nice :thumb:

Although I can see that leading to other trouble(s) :devil:

12. edwinbong

edwinbong DB Forum Supporter

HAHAHA what a great grandma!!! :angel: