How do YOU clean your door jambs?

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by J BELL, Mar 2, 2009.

1. pirex

pirex DB Certified Dealer

Same here, but swissvax brush.

2. Wolfs Chemicals

Wolfs Chemicals DB Certified Manufacturer

I usually do a rinse first when I'm spraying off the snow foam, then I hit it with a horse hair detailing brush and some APC. If it's really bad and there's built-up grease and what not on it, I hit those parts with degreaser and a stiffer brush.

3. bigpoppa

bigpoppa Jedi Nuba

If they are super nasty, I will soak them in degreaser and rinse them out, then ONR after I am done with the interior. If they aren't terrible, then just ONR with Vroom MFs.

4. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

Deep Gloss Auto Salon DB Pro Supporter

Regardless of your process make sure to re-lube hinges

5. Strs90

Strs90 Birth of a Detailer

What kind of grease should be used in hinges? I was looking at the auto parts store and the only thing I found was a can of silicone spray that said it was for door hinges?

6. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

I use the below item in a squeeze bottle... It also come is aerosol but I much prefer the squeeze bottle accurate application with no overspray

DuPont™ Multi-Use Lubricant with Teflon® fluoropolymer
    The Clean Lube – No Oily Film!
    DuPont™ Performance™ Multi-Use is a water repelling; three-dimensional lubricant utilizing advanced DuPont™ Teflon® fluoropolymer, organic molybdenum, and a polymerized wax structure. This unique combination goes on wet to deeply penetrate and loosen frozen or rusted parts. It then sets up with a clean, dry, self-cleaning™ film. This dry film will not attract and absorb dirt and grime. In fact, dirt activates release agents in the lubricant causing bits of the wax layer and the contaminants to flake off. This patented technology keeps parts clean, so they work better and last longer.
    Use On Any Moving Part…
    DuPont™ Multi-Use is an all-surface, all condition lubricant. Use on: Chains, Threaded Parts, Hinges, Locks, Latches, and Springs. Rusted Bolts, Sliding Tracks, Wheels, Pivots, Cams and Pulleys. Pipe Fittings, Shafts, Wet Wires, Zippers, Rollers, and Linkages. From a frozen bolt to a rusted bicycle chain, from sticky windows and door tracks, to a squeaking hinge, DuPont™ Multi-Use will exceed your highest expectations.

7. Denzil

Denzil Guest

I'm going to have to pick up some of that lubricant from DuPont! Thanks for the information Jason!

8. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

No problemo!

9. bryansbestwax

bryansbestwax DB Forum Supporter

You may also want to see what your local bicycle shop has.

10. krshultz

krshultz Nuba Guru

That's a GREAT idea. I worked in bicycle shops all through college, and Tri-Flow oil is great. There may be others now that are even better.

11. bryansbestwax

bryansbestwax DB Forum Supporter

I used to wrench years ago, if that stuff can stay on a MTB chain, it will stay on anything