How can DetailersDomain.com improve for you all...

Discussion in 'Detailers Domain' started by detailersdomain, Sep 26, 2009.

1. ahwil_lim

ahwil_lim Wax on..Wax off

"

2. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

they ship out of ca and we ship out of nj there will be a difference...logistically they are closer.

no offense taken I know the shipping game I have been in import export for 10 years. :)

3. detailersdomain

nothing wrong right now , of course things can be better for everyone I just want us to be on top of everyone's list for car care products and support.

4. c32AMG-DTM

c32AMG-DTM Birth of a Detailer

+1 to the "carry more unusual lines, if possible" comments. :thumb:

Personally, I find there are 3 extremely top-notch detailing e-tailers on the east coast, with DD/Phil being among the best. Different ones carry different things, so if I want Meg's, I know where to go... if I want CG, somewhere else, if I want Lusso, it'd be DD... etc.

That doesn't bother me personally, since they all sponsor sites I frequent, and I don't mind "sharing the love" amongst a group of excellent vendors.

5. detailersdomain

sure thing! keep it coming.

6. rwisejr

rwisejr DB Forum Supporter

I think you are doing a fantastic job already and it is nice to see you looking to improve an already great service. Those of you comparing shipping costs also have to rememmber that DD is a small shop compared to the other 2 that were mentioned.So they will always geta better price as the ship much higher volumes. As far as product lines he carries alot of stuff that is not carried by others.To bring new lines usually also comes at a substantial up front cost .Then he has to hope that the product sells to recoupe that back.

7. uzj100

uzj100 Jedi Nuba

With Phil's CS, I really don't bother going to any other places. Plus he carries lots of great stuff. Doing a flat shipping rate will be a big help to us on the "left coast". It's just too bad we don't have access to some of the products available in Europe, but then we too would be affected by high shipping costs.

As another poster already noted, Phil works his tail off to get us what we want. My stuff always arrives perfectly packed and often with a free item or two.

I'm sure he will gradually expand his product line as business continues to grow. Guess I don't agree on Meg''s as it's so readily available. Besides the great CS, Phil was the first one I knew that really went after some products that no one else had. Of course the bigger place moved quickly, but it seems to me Phil has always been out in front with newer products.

8. J BELL

J BELL Nuba Guru

UK stuff Phil...vikan brushes, valet pro stuff...there is a big market for that kind of stuff over here and you would be the first....IF someone can find a website with a variety of things that are great products over there, shipping is like 150 bucks just to get it here...if you could snatch some of that stuff up then i think you would be in great shape.

Also, i think an expansion of your product line would help you out as well. You have some of the best CS and fast shipping, but so do other companies, i honestly havent had a problem getting an order promptly from any vendor i have used except Chemical Guys. Autogeek, ADS, and Properautocare have been great too. What AG has a step up on you is their range of products that can accomodate a lot of different tastes...however shopping at DD is a much better,more personal experience. But I, as probably many, am not gonna change my mind because of a feeling, im gonna go where i can buy from one place and save on shipping. Sometimes thats DD and sometimes it isnt.

All in all, DB is very lucky to have you as a sponsor, all the sales when we hit landmark member counts is really a tribute to your dedication to service...i know DB members spend a lot of money at your shop, but you give back tenfold.

9. detailersdomain

thanks for the feedback, I was unaware that the other vendors are up on Sunday night talking shop with you all. But that's great if they do.

We want to set ourselves apart from the other at the moment because we do detail and we would like to carry items that we feel are working for us and will work for others. Its taking some of the guessing game out of it all. That's why I feel we have been successful.
    Of course that may change in the future, but I'm proud to say that its been working and many trust us due to that fact.

I will look into the future with adding products that work for all. And I'm constantly looking for the best, we will not just throw products up there for the sake of profit.

I appreciate all the response and have been thinking about this all weekend....how to improve on what we got without what I feel is selling out.

Now another question - why Valet Pro and the other items in the UK is it just that we can't get it here?

CG well you guys probably know why I don't carry it, we won't go there.....

As for other brands...it seems only CG, PB, Megs come up...

LMK

10. getcha

getcha Jedi Nuba

I had a chance to use about 7 Valet Pro products and I honestly could not tell the difference at all to comparable US products( or was rather unimpressed).

I think a lot of these cleaners, first Bilberry comes to mind, are glorified because of the photo conditions and type of the cars we all see them in. Lets face it heavy caked on brake dust is one thing for pH neutral cleaner, caked on baked in is a completely different game. Grime is grime(all levels of it) and agitation is agitation, which is necessary for every cleaner we use worthwhile. I personally thought Bilberry for example was awful in performance. I used it at about 3:1 and it JUST as much work as any of the other non aggressive wheel cleaners and let no difference otherwise to justify its cost.

Phil I think you do a great job. We know as you have explained why youre looking to make some changes, but stick to what you have now and pick up what you think are the strong products, not just another line to accommodate what people would like to "see".

You go above and beyond for CS especially as far as responding at time when all other vendors are done for the night.:applause:

11. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

Cant get the UK stuff because no one wants to import it or they think people will not buy if they import the products. Correct me if I am wrong but some of those are "house" brands so you may get to carry them as you have done with some of the Uber line in the UK.

Maybe do runs on some of the UK stuff like take a pre-order for a lot and then import and send it out and change up the products if you cant or dont want to keep it stocked.

I do like the specials you run and would like to see monthly specials as it keeps it interesting, maybe some sample programs if it does not take way to much time to get something like that done.

I dont really use any other brand other than Opt, Megs, Menz, and a few other that you already carry.

It is easy for me to say carry everything I want but I know that is not possible as you are not a huge company like AG that has the ability to house 30 brands and hundreds of products yet. One reason I do send some people to you is because I know you use everything you carry and test it and know it like the back of your hand and I feel better knowing that when sending noobs over or even more experienced people over to you as they wont get lost in too many products but just products that work and do what they are supposed to do.

Oh yeah, would like to see some wax applicators like Adams has with there wax, they work great for AB as the foam part is thin so it does not absorb so much product.

BH would be a nice line to carry, even if you just carry AB and some of there other products as you cant carry the clay.

I also dont think there is anyone out there who can reply to a email within a min like you did the last time i emailed you, send the message clicked refresh and already had a reply back from you!

12. detailersdomain

The uber line is from us the guys carrying it in the uk as buying them from us..I hope that clears it up.

I may do some runs for sure...

samples are tough especially in this economy none of the factories are really giving us much help on that at all.

The applicator pads are super easy I can throw them up on the site...

What is BH and AB sorry its Sunday and I've been a bit slow all day.

13. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

Thanks for the clearing up on the Uber line and how it is sold in the UK.

Samples are hard to get but maybe some samples of products that you just fill some bottles like 4-8 oz bottles. I know this is hard to do and does take some time and money

BH - Bilt-Hamber
    AB - Auto-Balm

14. Erik Mejia

Erik Mejia Obsessive Detailer

Hey Phil, how about some Scholl Concepts?

Also consider Meguiar's M95- Speed Cut Compound. M95 is definitely a must have, it cuts like M105, but is easier to use and has a longer working time. See if you can't get yourself a sample and try it out... works well with M205 as do all of the Meg's compounds.

As far as Valet Pro, the only product that really catches my attention is the Bilberry Wheel Cleaner. It's nice to have options when it comes to wheel cleaners, and the dilution ratios make it a good substitution candidate to P21S. I think those product characteristics make it very desirable to enthusiasts.

15. Spyral

Spyral DB Forum Supporter

Phil, I have no complaint with you guys. I have placed MANY orders and have never been disappointed. I will continue to be a loyal customer at DD. My only wish was that you guys would mark my stuff as a business delivery (everything I order goes to my office). That way it gets to me earlier in the day..lol. I am incredibly impatient when I know stuff is on the way!

16. detailersdomain

yeah I definitely can't do that as I will lose my rights to sell those products, the mfg are going to frown on that.

BH and AB, I had the complete line up and well I doubt I will be carrying it.

17. detailersdomain

I thnk you mentioned that to Sue and she has that noted unless its gets marked as a residential delivery via FEDEX as a default...

18. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

Dumb idea probably but what about a Product of the Month like the fruit of the month club, haha. $XX/mo. and you get a surprise in the mail every month with something to rev...like I said prob dumb but thought it would be interesting for a while. Or maybe every quarter or something.

19. Spyral

Spyral DB Forum Supporter

Yeah, the system will default to residential, mine here does as well.

20. J BELL

J BELL Nuba Guru

No other vendor is talking shop with us on Sunday nights, thats why i included that shopping with DD is a BETTER AND MORE PERSONAL EXPERIENCE. You guys are well ahead of the game there, vendors on other sites are not nearly as helpful...in fact i have gotten little help from AG on another board when asking them specific questions about products i just bought from them.

I dont know why the reason is Phil :shrug: but it honestly must be something because that would be a gold mine for someone. You saw how Tardis jumped in popularity..not saying you could get that bc of VOC regulations, but i think you are probably picking up what im putting down. They are so rare over here for a decent price, i think you could make a killing and really help out detailers (which i know is your main goal, the help part) I didnt want to offend you by talking about other vendors, im sorry if i did. i was just comparing you to your competition, and felt i gave you the edge.