Hotwiring a car

Discussion in 'Detailing Bliss Lounge' started by ps3king, Jul 11, 2010.

1. ps3king

ps3king Jedi Nuba

Bumblebees and Christmas Trees

Yes, that is what my friend told me when I asked him how to hotwire cars. I never thought this would come in handy until I went to a cottage yesterday and one of the guests that came decided to take a swim in the small lake with his keys in his pocket.

Well he lost his keys and here we were wondering how we would start his 95 Ford truck. I thought back to the time my friend told me "Bumblebees and Xmas Trees".

Once we opened the dash panel I understood what he meant. There were 5 (or 6) wires that were different colours under the steering wheel and according to my friend to hotwire a car you need to cut, strip and match the yellow and black wire together and the red and green wires (bumblebees and xmas trees :)

Well we were just about to try that when one of the other guests somehow found the keys in the lake!

But that still made me curious....would that have really worked?

I googled it really quickly and the "universal" way to hotwire a car is to cut, strip and match the two power wires together and then match the starter/ignition wires together as well. Usually the power wires are red and the starter is brown or black.

In my friends case there were 5 wires that were all different colours (black, red, green, yellow, and brown).

In any case if anybody has some experience with this....how do you hotwire a car (that is your own) ??

Is it really as easy as "bumblebees and christmas trees" ?

2. Love It :applause2: