Homemade wax

Discussion in 'Last Steps: Waxes, Sealants, and Coatings' started by bryansbestwax, Aug 28, 2008.

1. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

I would like to try some. How can I get a sample?

2. bryansbestwax

bryansbestwax DB Forum Supporter

sent and replied.:goodn: going for 3000 views.

3. bryansbestwax

Just to keep you updated I have finished another formula that I really like. It is much easier to put on and take off. Anyone with the original samples have any feedback.

4. Buddy

Buddy Getting to know Detailing

Thats great that you're still into making wax...You've come so close so many times. Keep up the good work...:thumb:

5. sal329

sal329 Nuba Guru

Im glad to hear your still working on it. Would like to hear more about it

6. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

I tried some on the hood of my truck a while back. seemed pretty decent. dont have any photos though.

glad to hear youre still at it.

7. flash gordon

flash gordon Banned

Even if this "Stuff" came-out Junk, I still have to give you around of>:applause:

Frikkin Awesome Thread:chips:

I wouuldn't give up so easy, you know all the "Great Ones" didn't come-up with the Perfect Solution there 1st go-round:thud:

8. bryansbestwax

wax batch 19 had three weeks of durability, not good, the look was nice, see toronto meet 1 for pics. as winter hits I will likely play around some more. The wax next on my list is paraffin wax which is very slick and may create a higher wax content and hopefully a more durable wax.

9. corrswitch

corrswitch Jedi Nuba

Glad to see you're still at it :)

Hope to see some exotic materials being used.

10. bryansbestwax

just recieved some Delimonene from another member, its worth a shot, I know Ben likes it.

11. willjco

willjco DB Forum Supporter

If you have some extra i would like to try so out

12. Misha

Misha Nuba Guru

intresting. was actualy thinking about making wax last night.
    so hows results?
    is it going to be more specific for certain color of paint or just general one for all kind?

what if you take certain wax thats already made as base and add stuff to it to change its property?

13. bryansbestwax

just general wax, that is durable and looks good

14. Rubbish Boy

Rubbish Boy DB Certified Dealer

The problem with that is you don't truely know what it is in it to start with. Plus the processes the wax went through may have given it some of it's texture and characteristics and you can't necessarily recreate those processes. If you took a good wax and added a load of carnauba in theory it should be a great wax, after all more carnauba must be better?? But sadly it doesn't work like that. :)

15. bryansbestwax

Bump for new interest

16. SON1C

SON1C Any Rag Vehicle Washer

anything going on with this?