home depot foam cannon

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by wwevo8, Apr 26, 2011.

1. Misha

Misha Nuba Guru

2. tdekany

tdekany Wax on..Wax off

I get much better foam with mine. I'll take some video of it one day.

3. Misha

Misha Nuba Guru

^^i guess it depends what specs of presure washer, what shampoo you using and ratio so everybody will have different results

4. Danny

Danny Nuba Guru

Its not for me I already have my setup I was posting that up for vinsanity:)

5. v|nsan|ty

v|nsan|ty Obsessive Detailer

Wow Danny nice findings! That's exactly the PW I have. Should I go buy the homedepot set and make sure the adaptors are right and then buy the one online?

6. billyblooshoes

billyblooshoes DB Forum Supporter

what track is that in the video background? im kinda likin it.

7. junebug

junebug Jedi Nuba

I bought one when this first hit, it's well worth to money!

8. wwevo8

wwevo8 Birth of a Detailer

this is my results with the home depot foam cannon with a 1600 psi pressure washer and cg citrus wash clear

[​IMG]

9. Danny

Danny Nuba Guru

yeah give it a try either way you can return it if it doesnt work out.

10. DetailerStudio

DetailerStudio Virgin Detailer

The internal parts is all plastic except the fitting. My failed after 3 uses with a 3000psi washer. The plastic welding cracked inside. So I don't think it is rated at 4000psi.

11. Danny

Danny Nuba Guru

Which cannon do you have and what fitting were you using?

12. Danny

Danny Nuba Guru

Which cannon do you have and what fitting were you using?

13. DetailerStudio

I am referring to the Home Depot foam cannon that has the standard quick connect 1/4" male fits directly into the lance. The quick connect is the only part that is metal. everything else is plastic. I am using the mtm hydro now.

14. Danny

Danny Nuba Guru

Well good thing your back up and running I personally havent even used this home depot foam lance I just came in here to help others, mine is from PWM its a Mecline Foam cannon this is my set up

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. amercour

amercour Birth of a Detailer

The front part that foams is made of metal. I will try and take a picture tomorrow morning

16. Rennes

Rennes Jedi Nuba

To really give you that shaving cream action, you have to put more soap in the bottle and have a decent pressure washer (you WILL see a difference between 1700psi and 2600psi). Mix with the warm water too.

Remember, more soap = more time spent rinsing down the car.

17. DetailerStudio

Oh yea. I forgot about that part. I have to bent that piece of metal to give an even spray pattern. I must have bad luck with my.

18. paixim

paixim Virgin Detailer

Hi guys, I have a question. The Home Depot foam blaster has a 1/4" quick connect, and I connect it at the end of the extention tip (point a in the diagram). However, the other foam cannon (camspray, mtm hydrao extra) seems to be connecting to the trigger part (point b). Does the connection point change foaming ability?

Also, does mtm hydro or camspray cannons come with 1/4" quick connect? I am just really tired of finding the right fittings for my pressure washer.

Thanks!

a--[1/4" quick connect] ----------------b[ trigger ] ----- pressure washer

19. DetailerStudio

What PW do you have?

20. paixim

paixim Virgin Detailer

I have a generic brand Powerstroke from Costco. 1700psi at 1.4GPM.